AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords certification test failed

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I've done my certification in which you used to have to pay for. So I came along and thought I would "preview" what the test is like to see if my knowledge was up to scratch. I answered about 10-15 questions and thought ok thats enough and closed it as I had work to do.

I came back later on and it said I have to wait a whole week before retaking it! I expected to see some sort of warning! I took the Advanced test and passed that however I really want to take the Fundamental test sooner than 1 week. Does anyone know how to resit this sooner?

Thanks Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords certification test failed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Justin;

Well...  You could argue  about this approach taken by Google,  but the idea is taken from the academia;  if you fail  a final exam in a university course, the underlying assumption is that you need to review the course material before retaking  the final.  The same applies here: Google wants you to   re-read  / review the exam material before re-taking the exam. A reasonable period of time is a week.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Adwords certification test failed

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your posting. Unfortunately you will need to wait the 1 week (7 day) period to re-take the exam.