Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords certification test failed

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I've done my certification in which you used to have to pay for. So I came along and thought I would "preview" what the test is like to see if my knowledge was up to scratch. I answered about 10-15 questions and thought ok thats enough and closed it as I had work to do.

I came back later on and it said I have to wait a whole week before retaking it! I expected to see some sort of warning! I took the Advanced test and passed that however I really want to take the Fundamental test sooner than 1 week. Does anyone know how to resit this sooner?

Thanks Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords certification test failed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Justin;

Well...  You could argue  about this approach taken by Google,  but the idea is taken from the academia;  if you fail  a final exam in a university course, the underlying assumption is that you need to review the course material before retaking  the final.  The same applies here: Google wants you to   re-read  / review the exam material before re-taking the exam. A reasonable period of time is a week.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Adwords certification test failed

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your posting. Unfortunately you will need to wait the 1 week (7 day) period to re-take the exam.