AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords campaigns always an hour after scheduled time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My settings are set to EST timezone.  All my ads run an hour AFTER my scheduled time.  I set an ad to run at 10AM EST and it runs at 11AM EST.  I know I can just set to run an hour early, but just curious is this normal?  Is adwords locked on CST?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords campaigns always an hour after scheduled time

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matthew,

What you see on your screen is often times "not" real time.

Could you please go to your campaign page, click on the "Segment" drop-down above and select "Time" and then "Hour of day". Set your time span to "Yesterday" or "Last 7 days". Please focus on when impressions start coming.

Best,
Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Matthew,

Lakatos has already suggested the way to cross-check within adwords account.
The reason being, adwords data update is not real time. So, it take some time to update the already generated real-time data.(generally less than 3 hours)
reference: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en

Another option is, if your adwords account is linked with GA account then you can check the real time traffic along with the source/medium/location.
Access you GA account >> reporting >> real time

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks, Archit. Real time in GA might be a great option... Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You welcome.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew P can you clarify where you're seeing the data that shows when your Ads are running?  Are you looking at a segmented report, checking Ad previews, looking online, etc?  Just to be clear, when you're talking about your settings being EST, you're talking about your Account settings for Time Zone, yes?

How are you scheduling your Ads to run?  Using the Ad scheduler, automated rules or scripts?

When did the problem start?  Have you any data from before Daylight Savings (although this shouldn't be an issue).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did this, here's an example of what I'm seeing:

It's showing one of my ads as running in hour 9. That's 9:00-10:00? I set my ad to run at 9:00 knowing that it runs an hour later at 10. The ad definitely ran at 10 because its a video ad for Youtube and I can tell that my views spiked at 10.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not sure what GA is?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I use the ad scheduler. This did happen immediately after daylight savings. Everything was fine prior to it.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Matthew,

GA means Google Analytics. It is a tool that you can find in the drop-down menu if you click on the "Tools" tab at the top of your AdWords account. A very useful tool that can be recommended for a deeper insight and analysis. (It also has a fascinating real time feature.)

Best,
Lakatos