AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords campaign account access invitation

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear All,

I received an Adwords account access invitation and after clicking on the confirmation link in the mail I received from Adwords every time I'm getting an error as 'account is already associated with Adwords' (even though I click the option as I already have gmail account).

Not sure, why it is happening every time? -- I have to create new account every time to get an account access for different Adwords account.

Can anyone help me on this urgently?

Many Thanks,

Suyog

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Adwords campaign account access invitation

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

There is a possibility that the email address where you are getting the AdWords invitation is already an AdWords account and you cannot have 2 different AdWords access with an single email.

You just need to have one Google account and get the AdWords invitation on that email and follow the DYI instructions to complete the AdWords account set up.

In case you want to re-use an email address for AdWords, here's the instructions to do that: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-reuse-an-e-mail-address-fo...

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Suyog,

This may indicate that the person is using an email address already associated with a different AdWords account. This can also happen if the email address the person is using is listed as an alternate email address for a Google Account already associated with an AdWords account.

If the person accepting the invitation is using an email address associated with an AdSense account, this person can create an AdWords account, but can't accept invitations from others to existing AdWords accounts.

Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6055572?hl=en&rd=1
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

There is a possibility that the email address where you are getting the AdWords invitation is already an AdWords account and you cannot have 2 different AdWords access with an single email.

You just need to have one Google account and get the AdWords invitation on that email and follow the DYI instructions to complete the AdWords account set up.

In case you want to re-use an email address for AdWords, here's the instructions to do that: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-reuse-an-e-mail-address-fo...

Pankaj

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Suyog,

Thanks for posting! I agree with Kandarp and Pankaj on this one - it sounds like your email address is already associated with an existing AdWords account. You will have to remove it from that AdWords account before it's possible to add it to a new AdWords account. 

Then, when you are accepting the invitation, simply select the option "I have an email address and password I already use with Google services like AdSense, Gmail, Orkut, or iGoogle' followed by 'I'd like to use my existing Google account to log into AdWords' and you should be able to access the desired account

I hope this helps!