AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company is not able to link my google account to AdWords. When we try to link my account it says that I can only link to one AdWords account, yet I am not linked to an account at all.

When the problem initially happened I had logged on to Adwords and did not see a campaign I assumed this issue was because the company had not yet added me to AdWords. 

The Paid media manager sent me an invitation and I went through the steps and it says I am already linked to a campaign. We even cancelled the account and she tried to re-invite me, and this also did not work. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords account access

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Brettina D,

This is happening because you've signed up for AdWords accidentally, using the preferred email address. Cancelling the account wouldn't help in this case, as the email address would still be linked to the account.

You'll have to either create a new email address and seek AdWords access to it, or do a bit of workaround to unlink the preferred email address from the old account. Here's a nice article written by @stickleback, with steps to unlink the email address and link it to the new account.

Feel free to write back with questions.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords account access

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Brettina D,

This is happening because you've signed up for AdWords accidentally, using the preferred email address. Cancelling the account wouldn't help in this case, as the email address would still be linked to the account.

You'll have to either create a new email address and seek AdWords access to it, or do a bit of workaround to unlink the preferred email address from the old account. Here's a nice article written by @stickleback, with steps to unlink the email address and link it to the new account.

Feel free to write back with questions.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar