Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords access levels!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I am having some confusion with the adwords access levels,would be great to have a clarity on them.

# In my research I landed to the point that a "standard" access user don't have access to the "website optimizer" tool ( one does not even see the feature in the tools and analysis tab). To access the tool one needs to have the "admin" adwords access as well as the "admin" access for analytics on the same log in ID.

# The "standard" access adwords user though can view the "analytics" link in the tools and analysis tab but he won't be able to see any data till he has the admin or user access for analytics on the same log in ID.

# The standard user can grant "email" access only to other google account user who obviously wont be able to log in the adwords interface. Though this help article clearly mentions that the standard access user can't give any access or change any access level (thats why the reading material is never enough!!)

The question is, if a MCC account holder links any adwords account,its the admin who will be granting the link permission,what happens in the case of multiple admin access holders of the same adwords account?

Also,do all the access level holders have an option to unlink the adwords account from the MCC? The help article mentioned above says that the "read only" access holder can unlink the MCC so I am taking it by default that standard and admin holders could do the same but I guess there is a piece of info which I am missing here.

Eagerly looking forward to some assitance.

Best

Mudit

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords access levels!!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mudit,

I'm going to give this a shot for you.

I'm not sure how you went about your testing but your results are interesting and seem to be conflicting with the help articles...weird.  I'd like to check on this myself.

The question is, if a MCC account holder links any adwords account,its the admin who will be granting the link permission,what happens in the case of multiple admin access holders of the same adwords account?

There only needs to be access to an account granted by one admin in order to link to an MCC account.

Yes, as you progress through access levels users maintain the rights of the level below.  MCC linking would fall under "Can view, edit, and manage any part of an account and its campaigns"

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Tom Its amazing how many tiny pieces of technicalities adwords bestows,the research and confusions never seem to end and probably for the good! Ok,coming back to the point,you mentioned that if any one of the admin access user grants permission to link with the MCC account then its a done deal. What in the case if one admin grants permission and other admin denies it?? Would in the case of multiple admins the order of actions would be followed(after all,they all are admins of the same account)? Also,if any access user apart from admin unlinks the MCC,would this mean that the adwords account is unlinked from the admin's end also by default?? Thanks Mudit

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mudit,

What in the case if one admin grants permission and other admin denies it? Would in the case of multiple admins the order of actions would be followed(after all,they all are admins of the same account)?

I have not encounterd this nor even given it any thought.  Generally speaking when I've linked account to my MCC, there is an understanding by all parties involved and I've never run into any problems.

Also,if any access user apart from admin unlinks the MCC,would this mean that the adwords account is unlinked from the admin's end also by default?

Once unlinked, the account is unlinked from the MCC, beyond that, it's no longer an account you can access.

I would really feel for you if you're dealing with clients that are doing things like these.  This would seem like an uncomfortable working environment.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tom

Thanks for your inputs!

Naah,fortunately I am not bearing any of this stuff live at workSmiley Tongue. Its just that I often feel an urge to get into all sorts of nits and bits when it come to paid search and ultimately land up with all sort of questions baffling my mind.

Rest all is going good.Hope its the same at your end and with everyone in community.

Cheers

Mudit