2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Tracking and Amazon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently sell all of my products using Amazon.com and I am wonding what my options would be regarding Google Adwords Advertising.

1) Am I allowed to send Google Adwords traffic to my specific listings pages?

2) If yes, Is there anyway for me to track conversions once they get to my Amazon Page, being that I can't alter the code on that page for optimal tracking?

I am semi-new to the Google Adwords space, but I feel this could really help my business. I was trying to read other threads and didn't seem to find an answer to both of my questions. If anyone has any advice or a suggested reading (not a book I have to pay for) that would really help me out!

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Tracking and Amazon

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi FF,

While I can't guarantee this is absolutely accurate (although I've seen in many cases that Amazon is not allowed via AdWords), in this thread, one advertiser heard directly from Google that they were unable to promote their amazon site for an E-book.

"I just got off the phone with an AdWords representative and he said that Advertisers are not allowed to link directly to Amazon for trademark reasons."

If this is indeed the case, I don't think you need to worry too much about your tracking via Amazon.

If I were you, I'd contact AdWords support directly to ensure you have accurate information.

You may find that setting up a website with your products and links over to amazon may be the best route.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Tracking and Amazon

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi FF,

While I can't guarantee this is absolutely accurate (although I've seen in many cases that Amazon is not allowed via AdWords), in this thread, one advertiser heard directly from Google that they were unable to promote their amazon site for an E-book.

"I just got off the phone with an AdWords representative and he said that Advertisers are not allowed to link directly to Amazon for trademark reasons."

If this is indeed the case, I don't think you need to worry too much about your tracking via Amazon.

If I were you, I'd contact AdWords support directly to ensure you have accurate information.

You may find that setting up a website with your products and links over to amazon may be the best route.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’