AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Spreadsheet bulk upload limit -- keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, what is the maximum number of rows (or maximum number of keywords) I can upload onto Adwords using a csv spreadsheet? I vaguely remember from the past being anywhere between 25000-30000 but i'm not entirely sure, any help would be appreciated! Thanks Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Spreadsheet bulk upload limit -- keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Yewon C I'll admit I'm struggling to find a hard number myself, however, if you need to upload more than 25,000 Keywords, I'd suggest there's a good chance you shouldn't be doing this anyway.  Unless your Keywords are product model/id numbers or something similar that has a virtually unique match, this many Keywords likely indicates a poor Campaign structure.  Ad Groups should generally have no more than 20 Keywords each, and may work best with fewer than 10, or even just 1, so 25,000 Keywords would suggest around 1,250 Ad Groups, possibly a lot more.

Can you give us some more details about the sort of Campaign you're running?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your response. I am working on a longtail keyword project and thus there are many keywords that have to be simultaneously uploaded across multiple campaigns and ad groups. I remember reaching the maximum a few weeks back and I think it could have very well been around 25,000 keywords or so. I have about 800,000 keywords to add across 900 campaigns, around 900 keywords per campaign. We already have campaigns with around 20 keywords each, just trying to experiment with new keyword methods to reach out to existing new audience Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Yewon C fair enough, although bear in mind the returns of such a long-tail structure very rarely outweigh the cost in terms of hours of creating and maintaining that structure.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits