AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords QS very low - domain red flagged ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Let me explain you my problem. We had a previous domain name with a shop built with Shopify on another ADW account and we were getting excellent QS (about 10/10). We built a new Shopify based website with a new domain name recently acquired, a new ADW account and since that day we're getting not more than 4/10 - 6/10 (with convenience of destination page always "lower than average").

We got somebody on line working for GG said that the domain was previously used for bad things in ADW and i'm wondering if GG didn't definitely slapped the domain and there is nothing to do except changing the domain name for another extension.

The landing page is optimized, the ads and keywords are as excellent as previous ones, I don't know what else I can do.

Is there anyone else got the same issue ? Is it possible that GG put something like a red flag on our domain name ?

Thanks for your help
Josselin.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords QS very low - domain red flagged ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Josselin D as far as I'm aware (and I'm very certain), QS is not affected by any "red-flagging".  However, QS is affected to some degree by historical data and if you've moved to a new domain presumably all your Ads are new, so you'll be working from square one, as it were.  It's quite possible you'll see your QS slowly come back up over time.  How long has the new domain been used?

As an aside, Google considers a QS of 5/10 to be "average" so scores between 4 and 6 are not actually poor.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits