AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Last CLick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Got a report which has conversions being recorded on a LAST CLICK basis. When I look at my report, I have the data showing conversions, clicks, imps, ad pos, cost as well as the campaign name and ad group.

My question is, what does "LAST CLICK" mean and how does this affect my data? Does this mean that conversions are not accurate? Or would I need to adjust my conversion data. Please help.

Warm regards,

Vilac

Re: Adwords Last CLick

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Vilac V,
If this is what I'm thinking, you probably got this report from the Search Funnels (aka Attribution) section. It is under "Tools".
In those reports you will see the path that users went through to get to your ad and eventually click on it. There, Last Click will mean exactly that: the last click before a conversion. Or simply, the clicks that led to conversions.
Because there you will also find stats such as "Assistance Click" (a click that didn't convert, but preceded another click that converted) and also "Assistance Impressions" (keywords that triggered an impression, the user didn't click, but rewrote their search - maybe a more specific term - and then clicked and converted).
This report is good for you to check, especially if you're feeling tempted to do a little cleanup of keywords that don't convert enough or have a poor CTR - think twice before doing so, because these keywords could be assisting others.

So as long as you got your conversion codes installed in the right places, it should be fine.
This is what it looks like to me, based on what you wrote. But if you feel it is something else, tell us more about it and we will try to help.

Cheers,
Carlos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Carlos,

The report I got from a colleague and I no longer work for him so I'm not able to gain access to the accounts unfortunately. But, yes it could have been collected under "Tools".

Ohh okay, last click means the click that lead to THAT conversion.

He mentioned that their might be some errors on the data, but given that I don't have access to the account and these are the only metrics I have on the sheet. How would I know if the data is correct?

Could I somehow show you the data?
Warm regards,
Vilac

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Vilac V,
It's a pitty you no longer have access to the account. Otherwise you could get a closer look at it and generate other reports.
If you could post a screenshot of this report maybe we could have an idea of what is going on.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last Click.png

Hi Carlos T,

That would be great. I've added the attachment. Just some of the data more so, due to confidentiality ;-).

Warm regards,

Vilac

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Sorry for taking long on the reply.

Firstly, I didn't quite understand the correlation between "Last Click" and this report. But the fact is that the statistic "Last Click" shouldn't affect your data. It merely shows you which keywords led to the click that converted.

By looking at your report, I think there's something wrong with your conversion tracking. Some Ad Groups have way more conversions than clicks? Even if this Conversions column was "many per click" I highly doubt the data is reliable.
It could be that the person in charge of installing the conversion tracking into the HTML code did so in the wrong places. If they added it to every page, for instance, it would mean each page view within the same session as a conversion!

If you don't have access to the account and to the HTML code, I think it will be impossible to get to the bottom of this only by looking at this report.

Have a look at a previous thread from this community where people discuss this conversion tracking issue: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Way-more-conversions-than-clicks/td-p/207...

And one of Google's own Help articles on the subject of conversion tracking:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ohh no no, It's fine. You must have a day job so it's understandable ;-)

I just noticed that as well, yes it does look to appear that conversion tracking is not in the correct place given that their are more conversions than clicks. I also read the link and her story mirrors my spreadsheet.

I will let my colleague know.

Thank you!
Vilac