2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Help and New look

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it but I haven't really found a relevent place to ask this.

I have problems with the Adwords Help page. It does not display the "new look" so what it displays is just plain text which is hard to follow.

I have this problem in Chrome. However when I switch to "incognito mode" in chrome, it displays correctly. I also do not have any problems on Firefox.

I tried clearing the cache and the cookies, does not help. I would be greatful for the help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author orajbodur
September 2015

Hi Orajbodur,   I work on the AdWords Help Center team an...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Orajbodur,

I work on the AdWords Help Center team and would definitely like to hear more about this issue and try to resolve it. Before we go any further I have two questions for you:

1. When you say there is only text that displays, do you mean that there is no styling or menu (could you attach a screenshot)?
  2. Do you use any type of ad blocking extensions in chrome or any type of special extensions?

Thanks!

Simon 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Hi Orajbodur,   We've had other users experience this iss...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Orajbodur,

We've had other users experience this issue and since then reached out to adblock to attempt to fix it. Unfortunately, the adblock extension team does not whitelist sites and since the new AdWords Help Center URL contains ad in it (support.google.com/adwords) the site styling is automatically blocked.

The only way to prevent this is to deactivate the extension when you navigate the AW HC.

Let me know if you have other questions.

S

View solution in original post

Hi, orajbodur.   I'm not sure if this is the best place f...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi, orajbodur.

I'm not sure if this is the best place for you to get help with problems involving Chrome. You might consider checking out the Chrome help forum?

Google Chrome Forum

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author orajbodur
September 2015

Hi Orajbodur,   I work on the AdWords Help Center team an...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Orajbodur,

I work on the AdWords Help Center team and would definitely like to hear more about this issue and try to resolve it. Before we go any further I have two questions for you:

1. When you say there is only text that displays, do you mean that there is no styling or menu (could you attach a screenshot)?
  2. Do you use any type of ad blocking extensions in chrome or any type of special extensions?

Thanks!

Simon 

AdWords page styling fixed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Simon,

Well it turns out it is an extension problem, an "AdBlock" problem to be specific. I should have thought of that when I tried it in incognito. Thanks a lot for the solution. This will make my life easier.

I am attaching the screenshot anyways because it might help you. Yep there's no styling or menu. I do have the Google Bar where it supposed to be but I left it out. The links on it work but for example the "preferences" button on the very right does not.

Again, thanks for the help and I hope this helps you in some way as well.

Oraj

AdWords Screenshot

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Hi Orajbodur,   We've had other users experience this iss...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Orajbodur,

We've had other users experience this issue and since then reached out to adblock to attempt to fix it. Unfortunately, the adblock extension team does not whitelist sites and since the new AdWords Help Center URL contains ad in it (support.google.com/adwords) the site styling is automatically blocked.

The only way to prevent this is to deactivate the extension when you navigate the AW HC.

Let me know if you have other questions.

S