Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Exam- Retake

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google,

I've recently passed my AdWords Fundamentals Exam but was wasn't happy with the score. Hypothetically, if I were to sit the exam again and fail, would it record it as a fail?

I do want to sit it again and score higher.

Thanks, 

Arthur

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Apo M
March 2017

Adwords Exam- Retake

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Apo M,

I would not call it a hypothetical question. You recorded a passing score when sitting for the AdWords Fundamentals Exam which is valid for one year. It remains valid till that expiry date even if you retake the exam and happen to fail. If you succeed again the expiry date (in a year) will be reset according to the latest valid exam.

Arthur, your attitude towards self-improvement is highly appreciated in this community.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Apo M
March 2017

Adwords Exam- Retake

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Apo M,

I would not call it a hypothetical question. You recorded a passing score when sitting for the AdWords Fundamentals Exam which is valid for one year. It remains valid till that expiry date even if you retake the exam and happen to fail. If you succeed again the expiry date (in a year) will be reset according to the latest valid exam.

Arthur, your attitude towards self-improvement is highly appreciated in this community.

Best,

Lakatos

Adwords Exam- Retake

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Lakatos,

I can't wait to resit this exam in a couple of weeks!

Arthur

Adwords Exam- Retake

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There you go, Arthur. You probably know that 7 days need to pass between any 2 trials. The Fundamentals Exam is a really fundamental challenge ... Smiley Happy

Lakatos

Adwords Exam- Retake

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i want to know, if i retake my exam before the expiry date of my adwords certificate which is in september 17 and succeed, will my expiry date renew to september 18? Or do i have to wait until it is expired to retake the exam?

Adwords Exam- Retake

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If you pass it today, it will be valid till Aug 18, 2018 or 2019 depending on which exam you have on mind.

Adwords Exam- Retake

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply, so from what i understood, renewal will be based on the date on ehuch i retook the exam and passed it, correct? 

So i guess it would be better to retake the exam once my certificate expires in september. Is there a grace period after expiry date?

Adwords Exam- Retake

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

There is no grace period currently. Else you are correct. (You should also consider when you have free time for this kind of activity.)

Adwords Exam- Retake

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for clearing my doubts.

Adwords Exam- Retake

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I've just retaken my Mobile Sites Certification as I narrowly failed it last week (3 marks!).  I studied hard, made notes and have retaken today and failed - at a lower score than last week.  I am certain this cannot be, have checked my notes against the course notes and think something is amiss.  Can anyone shed any light on this?