AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor Limitation

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, is there any reference of what Adwords Editor can't do. I know that i can't edit my html5 ads (from ad gallery).. but any other feature ?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Viktor
May 2017

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Editor does in fact support HTML5 ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/6365902

It would be impossible to maintain a list of all features Editor does *not* support, as new features are added to AdWords at a good clip.

View solution in original post

Re: Adwords Editor Limitation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Viktor,

I don't think there is any documentation as such, but AdWords Editor does a good job of covering most features these days. The only exceptions I can think of are:

• Shared negative keyword lists and shared budgets are two things that come to mind that can't be configured on Editor.
  • I'll always set up audience related work in the live interface as some aspects of the feature aren't available on Editor.
  • I also prefer to handle most reporting related work on the live interface.

There might be some other differences that other members can highlight for you!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Viktor
May 2017

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Editor does in fact support HTML5 ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/6365902

It would be impossible to maintain a list of all features Editor does *not* support, as new features are added to AdWords at a good clip.