Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor Import/ Export issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've been asked to manage a Adwords Campaign with around 120 ad groups which I got running well and started to make a good ROI, then had to do some slight tweaks the other day, so I exported the account the CSV, made the required changes, Imported it all back in to Adwords editor, accpeted the changes, after a quick check uploaded the bulk changes and now I've got multiple & duplicate ad's running some with low volume searches that was fine before I made the changes, the Campaign is now running rubbish and I have no Idea how or if I can revert the campaigns back to where they was so I can redo everything.

I'm not a PPC expert or Ad words expert I used to dabble a couple of years ago, but it's all moved on a bit...

I can see the bulk changes and roughly the date I did the changes, with the online interface, but there isn't any option to undo??? unless there is and I can't see it??

Any advise on how to get this back on track.

Cheers

Mal

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor Import/ Export issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mal,

That's a real shame. It's a bit of a redundant point to make now, but in the future I suggest you do all bulk changes within editor itself... that's what I have always done.

To seek out duplicates in bulk, click on the keywords tab and then the 'tools' option at the very top. Select 'Find duplicates' and see if you can delete the problematic keywords. You may wish to do the same exercise with ad groups, it depends in the structure. Generally having duplicates doesn't cause major issues, it just means only one or the other will show, and normally the one that was uploaded first. So I'd be more inclined to think that it's the changes you made that are causing the problem, not the duplicates.

The only other option is to go through change history as you say and manually delete things that you can identify as being created as a result of your error.

Sorry there's isn't much more to offer right now. Maybe someone else has more tips.
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Re: Adwords Editor Import/ Export issue

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

as predicted the amazing @PPCBossman just gave me this link:

http://searchengineland.com/now-undo-google-adwords-changes-from-change-history-reports-178243

Can you see the option to undo in your change history? I checked my own account before I posted, and couldn't see the option, which is why I didn't suggest it (didn't think it was live yet) but maybe it is in only some accounts.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+