AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor Bid Amount Difference

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm new to Adwords Editor and I have this query. Attached is a screenshot of my keywords and subsequent bid amounts. While editing, I noticed a colour difference in the bid amounts which was persistent over all my campaigns (circled in blue). Some of them were black and some of them were gray. Initially I thought these were from the different bid amounts but I noticed even some similar bid amounts have different shades. Screenshot 2014-09-16 18.43.01.png

Why is there a difference and what does it mean? (All the keywords are eligible)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abhishek P
September 2015

Re: Adwords Editor Bid Amount Difference

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abhishek,

The answer is quiet simple. The black bid amounts are bid amounts that are edited at that level, and the grey bid amounts are bid amounts that are being pulled from a higher tier.

So in the screen shot above where you are looking at keyword level data, the black bids are set at the keyword level. They grey bids are set at the ad group or campaign level (using default bid for that level).

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abhishek P
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abhishek,

The answer is quiet simple. The black bid amounts are bid amounts that are edited at that level, and the grey bid amounts are bid amounts that are being pulled from a higher tier.

So in the screen shot above where you are looking at keyword level data, the black bids are set at the keyword level. They grey bids are set at the ad group or campaign level (using default bid for that level).

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for helping me out Clynton.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No problem Avhishek. Glad I could help!