Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 11 - Make multiple changes

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

I'm trying to get used to this new Adwords Editor and I cannot seem to figure the make multiple changes tab up. I want to insert some data to one column and then another data to the next column, but it always asks me only if I want to Append this under the first column or replace the column 1, but I cannot copy paste more data to another columns. I tried to select column name first, select first cell in that column, select all cells I need for pasted data and nothing works.

Also another downside of this new bulk changes window is that you cannot copy, cut nor delete data directly from the tab.

EDIT: + you can only edit cell after doubleclicking on it? That's really slowing the work down.

EDIT2: + doubleclicking on keyword - in old Editor you could edit that keyword right in the list of keywords and now it only moves select focus on the first keyword. You have to click, wait 1-2s and then click again to edit. Not sure if that's correct behavior.

EDIT3: Advance change window, replace tab - It was really just better if you could type in word -> tab -> type in another word and then enter. Now one has to press tab 3 times to insert something to "replace with". I think match case and match whole words only would be better just down under.

So is there a new way how should I approach this or am I doing something wrong?

Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor 11 - Make multiple changes

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Alex,

From what I understand you are trying to use the new feature of Editor 11.0, where you can add columns or rows in the window that we come across after import a structure or any other campaign element to a particular account.

Here, I believe, the easiest course of action is to use an Excel sheets to prepare all your campaign, adgroup, keywords & even ad copies structures and then copy, paste them one by one (the complete campaign structure first followed by the ad copy sheet).

If you need to make any changes (like add a new column or row) to the copy pasted elements on the window, you can just edit the structure in the excel sheet and then copy paste the revised version into editor then.

Regarding the Edit trouble you are facing, I am unable to replicate this problem in my Editor. I can edit anything on the editor with just a single click on the editable elements.

The same goes for the cut, Copy or paste options, I am able to do those actions (like we could in the old versions) without any hassles.

I suggest you uninstall the editor and try and reinstall it. There may have been some issues while installing the editor which is why you are facing these anomalies. I am also aware that the new version has a few bugs that Google is in the process of fixing. If everything else fails, I suggest you wait for the fix to be released and then maybe you may not face this issue in the future.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hello Shashank and thanks for your answer.

I'm aware that I can do this but I always found it better to work mostly in Editor with all the things I could do there and now it makes me to use Excel instead.

I tried to download the latest version of Editor 11.0.1 even before writting this post but it did not help at all. Trust me I wish I could use the old editor and just wait for the new one to get fully fixed, but old editor no longer supports some of the new features like coundown in Ads etc. So in some cases I cannot really avoid using it.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Completely understand your predicament here Alex. Unfortunately, as of now, I don't think I can help you out any further on this.

You could however refer to this post on the community thread: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/From-the-Community-Team/AdWords-Editor-11-0-Discuss-with-the...

Check if this helps you out.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Yes I will definatelly do it. Didn't realize this topic will become such bug reportSmiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@alex, I'm facing the same issue as you and it's just horrible. I wasted 1 hour trying to figure this out and looks like I need to use excel to upload. Hope they fix this issue soon so that we can directly paste into multiple columns. They also removed export campaigns to HTML feature from the current editor Smiley Sad

"I want to insert some data to one column and then another data to the next column, but it always asks me only if I want to Append this under the first column or replace the column 1, but I cannot copy paste more data to another columns. I tried to select column name first, select first cell in that column, select all cells I need for pasted data and nothing works."