Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 11.0.1 and New Sitelink Extensions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On the new Adwords Editor, how can I upload sitelinks with the same headline and description line 1 & 2 but with a different URL? There seems to be an option in the settings (When importing sitelinks with different destination URLs, Create new sitelink if destination is different) but this one doesn't work and I still get the following error message: this shared sitelink has the same display text and description lines as another shared sitelink in this account.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Antoine B
September 2015

Re: Adwords Editor 10.0.1 and New Sitelink Extensions

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You likely mean Editor 11.0.1 (not 10).

You can't at the moment. It's a bug. That message should have been classified as a warning, not as an error (a warning doesn't prevent you from posting the item while the error does). It will be fixed in the next release.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Antoine B
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You likely mean Editor 11.0.1 (not 10).

You can't at the moment. It's a bug. That message should have been classified as a warning, not as an error (a warning doesn't prevent you from posting the item while the error does). It will be fixed in the next release.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Has this been fixed yet?

I have had the same issue today despite using 11.1 even though I have updated the setting. When we have been told it will be fixed in the next update was this to mean Adwords Editor 12?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Editor 11.1 doesn't have this particular problem. You are free to upload two sitelinks with the same headline and descriptions. They will be marked with a yellow warning, but that doesn't prevent uploading them - feel free to ignore the warning.