Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 10.0.1 Terribly Slow!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I have been using adwords editor 10.0.1 on a fairly fine laptop with configuration bearing 4GB RAM and Core 2 Duo processor.

The account is large, no doubt, but the latency Adwords Editor is showing up while making Offline changes is terrible!

A single delete operation takes about half a minute to finish offline, in the mean time, everything just hangs!

That Said, its not just offline, but anything being on adwords editor seems to be pathetically slow! What could be the cause?

This app should be there to make our lives easier, not create more fuss about it..
How do I ensure smooth operation of Adwords Editor for my account without much lags and latency and basically it being hanged in the middle of things. Anything I copy within adwords editor can be used to paste only for one or two times, the clipboard goes blank and copied data wipes itself from clipboard while adwords editor hangs.

Everything else on system including high end games work like charm! Please help. Anyone from Google who can look into this issue? but perhaps, is it just me or everyone else is facing the same issue?

Cany anyone help here?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor 10.0.1 Terribly Slow!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hmmm, I am not quite sure whats happening but it may have more to do with your computer more than anything because I manage fairly big accounts and i dont experience that lag.

With that being said just be mindful that most offline editors can be pretty irritating at times (especially the Bing Editor).

I would say try rebooting your computer & try again & say nice kinds words to it 7 it might just work the way you like.

PPCSophie

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Steve W, probably not what you want to hear but I'll have to echo Sophie's comments.  I handle many pretty large Accounts, 10s of thousands of Groups, etc., and the Editor doesn't seem slow to me.  More importantly, I'm running it on an "ancient" Windows XP box with only 2Gb RAM.

It does sound a lot like a local problem to me as I'm not aware of any reported slow-downs like this with the new Editor.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm, Time to buy a new laptop, it means Smiley Sad

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yep. sorry Steve. W but I hope it all works out for ya. Smiley Very Happy

PPCSophie

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

I had the same problem, Steve. I worked w/technical support for months but unfortunately they simply weren't able to duplicate my problem. They tried hard to help me but in the end I gave up and bought a new computer (desktop) and my problems went away.

I would suggest that if your current laptop is upgradable, that might be an inexpensive "fix" you can try. If you can upgrade your 4MB to 8MB, that could make a huge difference?  

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I wouldn't have thought it was just the memory.  As I said, I run the Editor on my desktop here with a mere 2Gb and it's fine.  How's the rest of the computer Steve?  Disk space, processes, etc...

What do you see in Perf. Mon, when you ask the Editor to do something?  Is is maxxing out the processors for the whole period?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Bing Editor works best if your account limit is under 1GB.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Same problem here.

Got a fairly new PC (under 7 months old) with 16 Gigs of Ram, Core i7 running win 7 64 bit

It´s reaally painfully slow dealing with big accounts..

It feels like editor ´s not even offline at all to me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem, but in my case I can't imagine it's the computer. My laptop is top off the lenovo website with almost every upgradable option I could possibly add. I regularly have 4 monitors hooked up to it with dozens of applications running quickly and smoothly, including big ones like adobe creative suite programs. However, I can shut down all but a few browser windows, and adwords editor still lags. Even if I just select a keyword it takes a moment for the keyword to highlight. Sometimes I end up going online because it's FASTER than the desktop program.

What's more is I only have a half dozen small accounts in here. I tried re-installing. If anyone else has experienced this and found a solution i'd sure like to hear it!