AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Conversion Not Appearing in Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do we need to configure the adwords conversion again as goals in analytics, Since my analytics goals are appearing in adwords, but my adwords conversions are not getting hit in analytics?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Conversion Not Appearing in Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi gunjal,

When you say that your adwords conversions aren't being tracked in Analytics, do you mean that you can't see AdWords traffic at all in Analytics, or just that you can't see the conversions? AdWords conversions aren't imported into Analytics but if you have goals set up in Google Analytics, you should be able to see your AdWords traffic completing those goals. It won't exactly match your conversions because Analytics and AdWords track things differently but it should be close. I hope this helps!

Edited to add:  I know that you have Analytics goals set up, as you mentioned.  What I meant to say was if you have goals set up in Analytics for the same things that you are tracking in AdWords, you should be able to see your AdWords traffic completing those goals within the Analytics interface.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Gunjal,

Perhaps you have a sophisticated set of conversions/goals you're looking to track and if that is the case, this advice may not be useful.

But, if you're tracking web leads (forms) or transactions (standard conversions) etc...I don't believe that you'll need to pull AdWords conversions into Analytics. If your Analytics goals are tracking all of your intended conversions and are also being pulled into the AdWords interface, I would suggest that you don't need to do anything further. If these goals are the same and you track them in Analytics as well as AdWords, you may end up with duplicate counts on your conversions which can create some headaches. Smiley Happy

Sometimes it's just easier to use one source for tracking goals/conversions and IMO, if you're regularly using Analytics, this is the best route to take. Set up all of your goals etc...in Analytics and then import them into AdWords.

If you'd like to elaborate on your setup and intentions, I can certainly try to help.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
As @PCCBossman suggested it is usually best to analyze from One Account. IE Analytics or Awords

Here is a simple road map of conversion tracking for those that may be reading and may help GunJal as well

Adword Conversion tracking is based on a code created in adwords to be placed on your website pages you want to track. That code is placed only on the pages you want to track.

Adword will pull in those conversion actions under the Adwords Tools Conversion when a user lands on the page you are tracking.

Analytics tracking is based on creating individual goals based upon your determined actions. The Analytics code is places in the Header of you website and tracks all data the website gathers.

Once you Connect Google Analytics to Adwords in the GA interface ( an likewise AW to GA) the goal conversions become eligible to to be counted as an Adwords conversion.

In Tools Conversions you can Import your Analytics goals. AT this point you should check to make sure you ONLY tract the set of conversions you deem necessary as a true ROI conversion in Adwords.

Many people make the mistake of double counting, having both AW and GA Goals that convert the same user as a conversion. Also a mistake is pulling into AW goals that are more business related for a funnel tracking such a visitors to a page, but may not be a True ROI indicator from an Advertisement perspective.

Be sure that your Adwords conversion goals are a true measurement of a "ROI" goal, rather then just visitors to a page. If your conversion goals capture too much non-relevant events, then the AW Conversion bidding or other automated conversion event options will effect you true ROI (Return on Investment).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response.... Yes, I can see adwords traffic in analytics, but if I'll setup goals on a certain page which I want adwords to hit as conversion then do I need to make such goal again in analytics... This is what I want to ask.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author gunjal s
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
gunjal s wrote:
Thanks for your response.... Yes, I can see adwords traffic in analytics, but if I'll setup goals on a certain page which I want adwords to hit as conversion then do I need to make such goal again in analytics... This is what I want to ask.

=============================

Depends:

YES, if you want to see conversions in Analytics then the Goal must be set, and you should import the Analytics goals into the Tools Conversions 

NO. If you use Adwords Conversion Tracking Code, then it will come in and count as Adwords Conversion, and you will see it in Adwords. (but not in Analytics)

If you want to use analytics as your main analysis, which is a better resource, then Remove the Tracking code made with Adwords, ( or remove that conversion point in Adwords Tools Conversions) and create the GOAL in analytics, and Import that Goal under  Adwords Tools Conversion, from Analytics.

The main thing is you don't want to be double tracking the same event by pulling in into TOOLS conversions from Both Adwords tracking codes and Analytics Goals. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for clearing this doubt.... But the point is adwords conversion tracking code brings you with the ability to modify script so that it can take conversion value at run time.

For ex:- E-commerce store's conversion value varies from product to product and the same can be implemented in adwords conversion tracking code which can obtain different values from the php code. So is there a way to track those conversion with value in analyutics.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author gunjal s
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi gunjal,

You can set up ecommerce conversion tracking in Analytics. You can find more information here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingEcommerce

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But what if I am tracking Google's dynamic forwarding number(ie. website calls from Adwords users) in Adwords? I cannot import this into Analytics? If not - its impossible to get a 100% accurate conversion report in Google Analytics Smiley Sad

Adwords Conversion Not Appearing in Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3rd Party Services like Call Rail and Dialoguetech play well with GA. Google's free call tracking is not the best.