2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Certification Training

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I want to become certified in Google Adwords, what study guides, training materials, etc., do you recommend and where can it be found? 

Thank you,
Zach

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Zach H

You need to pass 2 of the AdWords certification exams to become an AdWords certified professional — the AdWords Fundamentals exam and one of the following: Search Advertising, Display Advertising, Mobile Advertising, Video Advertising, or Shopping Advertising.

Google provides guides for each exam through Google Partners. You can start with the AdWords Fundamentals study guide here: https://goo.gl/bEiu3k

I've always found the Google Hangouts Refreshers with Fred Vallaeys on YouTube to be excellent study resources before taking the exams! 

Good luck!!

Allie 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Allie! Thanks so much for the information above, super helpful! Are you certified and if so, how long did you study before taking the exam? 

Thanks again!

-Zach

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you work in Adwords every day, then the two search exams should be fairly straight forward.  Video is the hardest.  Shopping, Display and Mobile, might just need the refresher video and you'll be good to go.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply. I just started using the program and trying to become efficient quickly! I've been reviewing notes online & videos...just a lot of information!

Thanks Shanee!

-Zach 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Zach H

I agree with @Shanee_Kirk - if you're using AdWords daily, Fundamentals and Search are straightforward. I am certified and have taken all exams except Shopping - that one is next for me! I think study times vary greatly person to person and what is "easy" or "hard" depends which Google AdWords functions you use daily. I don't use Shopping, so I'm anticipating it will be the most difficult because it's foreign to me Smiley Happy I highly recommend the Google Hangouts Refresher videos - they really helped me cut down studying time! 

Also, you have to get 80% to pass the exams but if you don't pass on the first try, you can retake the exam after 7 days.

Again, best of luck!

Allie 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Allie!

-Zach