2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Campaigns Died....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I have experimented with adwords for a number of years and have an account associated with my generic adwords user. I recently started an online business and started serving adwords for the site on my personal account. After a few days with good success I decided to seperate my new business from my personal stuff. So in that effort I moved the site to a new server with bluehost and created a new google account for my new business.With the new move to bluehost as a promotion I was given a code for a credit for adwords and applied that to my new account. 

I created a new campaign for my new business and shut down the campaign on my personal adwords account. After a few days I noticed that no activity occured on my new adwords account (no impressions, clicks, etc.) I couldn't find any alerts or warnings.  

I used the same CC on both accounts, so my question is if Google would see two accounts having the same credit card and campaigns (Even though one is paused) as some sort of "gaming" of the system, vice a simple server and account move? If so what can I do, and if not why is it taking so long for my campaign to start?

Would it help if I added real money to my new account to show I am serious in using it? Currently the new account has only the promotional credits I recieved with my new hosting plan. 

Thansk so much,

Shawn

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Campaigns Died....

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Shawn;

I'm a little bit confused. Could you clarify?

At one point you are saying : ".... and shut down the campaign on my personal AdWords account...." while later on, you are saying : ...Even though one is paused..."

:

You CANNOT have two accounts for the same business (e.g. targeting the same domain ) even if campaigns on one account are paused.(See the link for a discussion on that). You need to completely close one account. (Technically, an AdWords account is never deleted. It can be closed permanently and later restored.)

So, what's the status of those two accounts?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think that answers my question. I will modify my accounts and hope for the best.

Shawn

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Keep us posted how your campaign future performance...

Good luck

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Shawn,

In addition to the fine advice you have already received, it is my understanding that you can not begin serving ads with a coupon along. You'll need to make a deposit (for pre-pay accounts) or provide a credit card for payment (for post-pay accounts) before your ads will run.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords