2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Campaign Traffic

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

my adwords campaign shows 9 conversions through paid 18 conversions through direct and 6 conversions through organic. Most of them are said direct also comes from paid traffic. I need clear exact information.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author venkatesh s
September 2015

Re: Adwords Campaign Traffic

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Venkatesh,

I was facing same issues with adwords and analytics data. I will try to clear few points, how adwords and analytics data are different.

1. Basically google analytics does not count click. it count sessions. If user come to your website and didn't purchase any thing and again he came your website after 30 minutes then he placed order. From google adwords you will see conversion but in google analytics same conversion will count in direct conversion because in google analytics if user clicks to your ads and didn't purchase any thing and again he came to website after half an hour it means analytics count a new session after 30 minutes. that is called direct session. so both data are different.
2. If user come to your website through ads and bookmark same page in browser. again he come to your website with same bookmark url and purchase a product. You will see conversion in adwords account in last date when user click your ads(google counts these conversion with in 30 days lookup window) but in analytics it shows in direct conversion.

These are few points for more go with this link.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Hope it helps you.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

In case you are trying to compare the Conversion attribution model of Google AdWords and Google Analytics, both have different ways of allocating conversions. Few of the common examples of data discrepancies are cookie expiration time of AdWords Conversion tracking and Google Analytics. Also the first click and last click attribution model differences.

Here you can find the details around what could lead to data discrepancies in terms of both these properties:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Venkatesh S,

Can you please explain you question. you are seeing these campaign matrix in google adwords account or google analytics account. Google adwords does not provide any conversion matrix from direct conversion or organic conversion.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
ya sure i know that one. but i am discussing google analytics. I am running adwords campaign for my client e-commerce website. In adwords campaign conversions showing 9. but in google analytics total 38 conversions showing. direct 18 conversions paid 9 conversions. Through organic 6 conversions. But most of them are said direct conversions also from paid campaign only. Thats why i am asking. kindly answer me suman.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author venkatesh s
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Venkatesh,

I was facing same issues with adwords and analytics data. I will try to clear few points, how adwords and analytics data are different.

1. Basically google analytics does not count click. it count sessions. If user come to your website and didn't purchase any thing and again he came your website after 30 minutes then he placed order. From google adwords you will see conversion but in google analytics same conversion will count in direct conversion because in google analytics if user clicks to your ads and didn't purchase any thing and again he came to website after half an hour it means analytics count a new session after 30 minutes. that is called direct session. so both data are different.
2. If user come to your website through ads and bookmark same page in browser. again he come to your website with same bookmark url and purchase a product. You will see conversion in adwords account in last date when user click your ads(google counts these conversion with in 30 days lookup window) but in analytics it shows in direct conversion.

These are few points for more go with this link.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Hope it helps you.