Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords And B2B

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering How u target businesses in adwords? Whats the way to do effective b2b? If I have a business of Photo editing services and want to sell it to only business. How do i achieve it? Can anyone answer..i would appreciate if u dont put up article links,because I already went through a lot. Smiley Happy

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sachin Bhosle
September 2015

Re: Adwords And B2B

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sachin,

B2B is unfortunately a different beast (if you will) within AdWords. There are a few strategies that can be used, such as well though out targeting on the display network. Identifying sites or types of sites that your target market frequents and then target those sites.

The bread and butter search network though is where you need to get really inventive. It all comes down to keyword selection and restrictions. By this I mean that you need to target the sub set of search queries that your target market (business owners) are searching for and you need to identify the differences in their search queries from the consumer. This may be through the intent words that they use or even just the word order or qualifiers (additional information added to the root keyword) that they use.

With regards to restrictions, you obviously will not be able to weed out all consumers and they will also be a bit of a cost to your campaign but you can restrict the impact they have. Constant use if the search query report and will be able to show you consumer trends and habits and thus you may be able to identify certain words, phrases or terms that consumers use that businesses tend not to. This way you can add a lot of negatives to your campaigns eliminating those users. Out of all my campaigns, the keyword lists for my B2B campaigns are far more extensive than B2C and it has seems to have paid off (CPA reduction of over 40% in the one case over the last 5 months).

B2B needs to be approached carefully and unfortunately there is no easy way to separate out the 2 different types of traffic. You need ti understand your market very well and be able to identify different trends between the consumer and the business.

That is my in put on the subject, and I look forward to others views.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Excellente ! That will surely help me move in proper direction ! lets see if more replies come on d same ,so that we get a broader picture of B2B in adwords. Thanks you so much fr your prompt reply Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad I could help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sachin,

In addition to the excellent reply from Clyton. I would like to add few more points.

You have to develop Campaigns for audience at different stages of sales funnel. Segmenting the audience at different stages and implementing Remarketing feature for the users who already visited your site increases the conversion rate.

The Ad copies are little bit different for B2B campaigns unlike the usual B2C campaings.In B2B marketing audience do more research before they actually commit for a service. So, you have to give them call-to-actions like 'Get free Quote' etc.

You can use Sitelinks Ad extensions to show additional pages of your site. You can use call extension, were users can call you and find more about your services.

I hope this helps you.!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sachin,

B2B is unfortunately a different beast (if you will) within AdWords. There are a few strategies that can be used, such as well though out targeting on the display network. Identifying sites or types of sites that your target market frequents and then target those sites.

The bread and butter search network though is where you need to get really inventive. It all comes down to keyword selection and restrictions. By this I mean that you need to target the sub set of search queries that your target market (business owners) are searching for and you need to identify the differences in their search queries from the consumer. This may be through the intent words that they use or even just the word order or qualifiers (additional information added to the root keyword) that they use.

With regards to restrictions, you obviously will not be able to weed out all consumers and they will also be a bit of a cost to your campaign but you can restrict the impact they have. Constant use if the search query report and will be able to show you consumer trends and habits and thus you may be able to identify certain words, phrases or terms that consumers use that businesses tend not to. This way you can add a lot of negatives to your campaigns eliminating those users. Out of all my campaigns, the keyword lists for my B2B campaigns are far more extensive than B2C and it has seems to have paid off (CPA reduction of over 40% in the one case over the last 5 months).

B2B needs to be approached carefully and unfortunately there is no easy way to separate out the 2 different types of traffic. You need ti understand your market very well and be able to identify different trends between the consumer and the business.

That is my in put on the subject, and I look forward to others views.

Hope this helps
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Excellente ! That will surely help me move in proper direction ! lets see if more replies come on d same ,so that we get a broader picture of B2B in adwords. Thanks you so much fr your prompt reply Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad I could help!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sachin,

In addition to the excellent reply from Clyton. I would like to add few more points.

You have to develop Campaigns for audience at different stages of sales funnel. Segmenting the audience at different stages and implementing Remarketing feature for the users who already visited your site increases the conversion rate.

The Ad copies are little bit different for B2B campaigns unlike the usual B2C campaings.In B2B marketing audience do more research before they actually commit for a service. So, you have to give them call-to-actions like 'Get free Quote' etc.

You can use Sitelinks Ad extensions to show additional pages of your site. You can use call extension, were users can call you and find more about your services.

I hope this helps you.!