AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Ad Scheduling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am new to Adwords and just set up my first campaign.  When setting up Ad Scheduling, how do you stop Adwords using most of the budget in the first time slot of the day and keeping an equal budget for the afternoon time slot?  Many thanks for your ideas.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Ad Scheduling

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Healthfield,

Welcome to the Adwords community!

Here's is also help Google Support links thats help you in Ad Scheduling Smiley Happy
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en

Thanks,
Tushar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the link. I understand what you are saying about the monthly v daily spend using scheduling. My problem is that the daily spend is split into a morning and afternoon session, but most of the budget is being used up during the morning with only a small amount remaining for the afternoon ads. Is there a way of evening out the spend between the morning and afternoon sessions?
Many thanks
Heathfield

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Thushar,
Thanks for your reply.
I have set the schedule up OK to run each day split between a morning and afternoon session. My problem is that most of the spend is being used up in the morning and only a small amount left for the afternoon. Is there a way to even out the spend between the two sessions?
Many thanks,

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, Heathfield. We can evenly distribute your campaign daily basis budget.
Please check your campaign setting and change campaign delivery method: set as "Standard".
For more about Delivery method please check the below link which is clarifies about "Standard" and "Accelerated" Delivery method...
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404248?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tushar,
Yes it is already set to "Standard". When running as a 24 hour campaign it slowed the delivery down during the afternoon to enable ads to be displayed during the evening, which was fine. However we found we had a higher bounce rate during lunch time so started using a schedule to run 06.30 to 12.00 then 14.00 to 21.30. When we changed it most of the budget was used up during the morning session with hardly anything left for the afternoon. I can't find anything more to adjust.
Thanks again.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Heathfield,

Have you tried manipulating your bids. If you haven't give it a go. You can do that in the Ad scheduling tab. You can also lower your bid for locations & devices which are less likely to convert.

But I would rather suggest a way that might be useful for you. The main use of ad scheduling is not to spread or make your ad appear all day. Its ultimate use is to determine the specific time your user might convert into customer & sticking to the time plan to serve your ads.

What I would do in your case is.
1. Schedule the Ads from 6:30 - 12:00 for a week or two.
(Since you said the bounce rate is higher in noon)

2. Schedule the Ads from 14:00 - 21:30 for a week or two.

compare both results and I will come to a conclusion. Or I might lower my bid for a specific time & raise my bid for the time the conversion rate is higher.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
There is another solution that might be simpler.... use the copy/paste function to duplicate your campaign - then schedule one campaign to run in the morning and the other to run ion the afternoon. Split the budget between them as you wish. This way you control how much budget is used in each time slot rather than trying to use more complex bidding strategies to control something that is tough to control.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Raj,
Thank you for your suggestions. I can certainly try these ideas out.