2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Account Suspended.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have an adwords account that has been suspended for over four years now. I am wanting to delete the account. If I delete the account will I be able to sign up for google play without also getting suspened.

The reason for my suspension was I was direct linking to third party sites. Sites not owned by me. I thought I had deleted the campaigns when asked to rectify the problem but all I had done was pause them. I was very new to the whole process.

I am wanting to develop and publish apps on google play. I am scared that if I sign up and start publishing my apps that I will get suspended for my past indiscretions as I have heard that the accounts get linked back to your name, address and credit card information.

Please any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Account Suspended.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks,

I am not going to promote them using adwords. I have resigned myself to the fact that adwords is never going to allow me to advertise again. Will have to go the Bing route instead.

Thank you very much. As long as i can publish my apps and advertise with admob I am happy.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Michael,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

There should not be any problem, if you create a Google Play account and publish your apps in Play Store.

Google AdWords and Google Play Store Account are completely different.

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Michael;

How are you going to promote your app? You will not be able to do that through Adwords.

To reinstate your Adwords account you  must first fix the domain which caused the violation. I understand that you have no control over the content of the third party sites. However, this is a firm Policy by Google. The landing page violated the policy must comply prior to any appeal.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Very True, what Moshe said is perfect. You will not be allowed unless you fix all the websites that caused the violations in the first place so you can promote through AdWords.

- Prashanth Reniguntala
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks,

I am not going to promote them using adwords. I have resigned myself to the fact that adwords is never going to allow me to advertise again. Will have to go the Bing route instead.

Thank you very much. As long as i can publish my apps and advertise with admob I am happy.