AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords 101

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My best friends wife is just starting out her on line advertising campaign to promote her business as an attorney . She has a limited budget and started her Adwords campaign alongside side her verification process. Some of her immediate concerns range from how much should she expect to be charged each month, and how exactly is the fee process construed. Is it a cost per click method etc... Thanks.
1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brandon T
September 2015

Re: Adwords 101

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Bradon,

Welcome to the community.
As she is running campaigns already. She must set Daily Budget So If the daily Budget is $15 then MOnthly budget is $456 (Multiplied with 30.4, average days per month).

While the cost of your campaign can be 20% above your average daily budget on any given day, you won't be charged more than the monthly charging limit that AdWords uses to prevent you from accidentally getting overcharged. This means that as long as your budget is consistent for an entire month, you won't be charged more than your daily budget multiplied by the average number of days in a month.

How fee process construed

she Must selected Automatic Payments: then  adwords charge her for her advertising costs 30 days after her last automatic charge, or whenever your account reaches a predetermined amount known as her billing threshold -- whichever comes first.

I asummed that she is newbie in Adwords and The manual payments setting isn't available for new accounts in the Few countries.

It seems you are looking for the same. If not, Please let us know.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Brandon!

I'd recommend she starts here as a new advertiser.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brandon T
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Bradon,

Welcome to the community.
As she is running campaigns already. She must set Daily Budget So If the daily Budget is $15 then MOnthly budget is $456 (Multiplied with 30.4, average days per month).

While the cost of your campaign can be 20% above your average daily budget on any given day, you won't be charged more than the monthly charging limit that AdWords uses to prevent you from accidentally getting overcharged. This means that as long as your budget is consistent for an entire month, you won't be charged more than your daily budget multiplied by the average number of days in a month.

How fee process construed

she Must selected Automatic Payments: then  adwords charge her for her advertising costs 30 days after her last automatic charge, or whenever your account reaches a predetermined amount known as her billing threshold -- whichever comes first.

I asummed that she is newbie in Adwords and The manual payments setting isn't available for new accounts in the Few countries.

It seems you are looking for the same. If not, Please let us know.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Brandon!

I'd recommend she starts here as a new advertiser.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Sridhar, helpful support for novice