Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adword groups targeting different regions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if there is a way to target specific regions within an AdWord ad group. Here is my situation: I have to set up different ad groups for different regions under the same campaign. Each region has a specific ad. I have one that is general for all the regions and then 2 for each groups targeting the different regions, I don't want the ads for another region to show in another one and I would like to be able to pull out statistics from that to know which regions searched for that service the most. The different ads groups have the same keywords except a few keywords specific to each region.

Thanks ! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adword groups targeting different regions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Audree,

Location targeting is set at the campaign level. You will need separate campaigns if you wish to target this way. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704368?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Adword groups targeting different regions

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, How its possible.

If you want to target some ad groups in a campaign for different location. It's not possible.
You have to create a separate campaign for specific location:-

For Example:-
You are selling shoes, your target location is USA and in USA you want to show ads in Location 1 and Location 2 with specific ads and messages.

You can't show one ads with different location with different ad messages, you have to create a separate campaign for different targeting. Location is one thing you can't change after selected first.

Campaign1
Targeting:- Location1
Adgroup1
Adgroup2

Campaign2
Targeting:- Location2
Adgroup1
Adgroup2

Thanks
Ashwani Kumar