AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adword groups targeting different regions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if there is a way to target specific regions within an AdWord ad group. Here is my situation: I have to set up different ad groups for different regions under the same campaign. Each region has a specific ad. I have one that is general for all the regions and then 2 for each groups targeting the different regions, I don't want the ads for another region to show in another one and I would like to be able to pull out statistics from that to know which regions searched for that service the most. The different ads groups have the same keywords except a few keywords specific to each region.

Thanks ! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adword groups targeting different regions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Audree,

Location targeting is set at the campaign level. You will need separate campaigns if you wish to target this way. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704368?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Adword groups targeting different regions

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, How its possible.

If you want to target some ad groups in a campaign for different location. It's not possible.
You have to create a separate campaign for specific location:-

For Example:-
You are selling shoes, your target location is USA and in USA you want to show ads in Location 1 and Location 2 with specific ads and messages.

You can't show one ads with different location with different ad messages, you have to create a separate campaign for different targeting. Location is one thing you can't change after selected first.

Campaign1
Targeting:- Location1
Adgroup1
Adgroup2

Campaign2
Targeting:- Location2
Adgroup1
Adgroup2

Thanks
Ashwani Kumar