Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adword ad phone number

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My phone # on my ad is wrong, and I'm getting google-generated calls for other companies

2 Expert replyverified_user

Adword ad phone number

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Liz,

Another AdWords user, from Australia, reported the same problem yesterday - see here:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Mobile-Apps-and-Calls/Receiving-weird-calls-from-other-loc...

Adword ad phone number

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello Liz, is your Call extension connected to your GMB page? Or are you using a Google forwarding number? 

Adword ad phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure what that means, but there's a google recording before call is connected...  

Adword ad phone number

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi @Liz E,

These reason may be the same GFN which was earlier assigned to that business while advertising with Google.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Adword ad phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't understand any of this...  GFN? GMB?  

Adword ad phone number

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

GMB=Google My Business

GFN = Google Forwarding Number. 

Sorry, I should have said that in my post Smiley Happy What I was wondering is, where is Google getting the # to add to the Ad? from your GMB account or from GFN? 

if it is your Number from your GMB page that sounds fishy, perhaps your Number is close to one of these other Numbers that people are calling. 

If it is a GFN then perhaps people have had that number saved on the fridge (from the last account that used that number) and are just calling it back a month later. 

Either way, I would suggest that you contact AdWords support by mail, phone or live chat as someone at AdWords support will be able to look into the exact cause of this for you.

To Get the contact information for Google click on the gear in the top Right-hand corner of your screen, then click on Help. That should bring up all the Contact information for you.

Hope that helps.