Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adword Classes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have been advertising through other social media channels but I really would like to understand and get good at adwords. Is there a class I can take? Or a series of extensive courses or tutorials? I have tried adwords before but because I don't understand everything it really hasn't been effective for us.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user

Adword Classes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David P,

AdWords is a very complex system that does require a lot of careful studies and consistent operations to get good with it... and a lot of time to master it. You are on the right track by seeking to get training with it.

The first place I would suggest is Google AdWords Best Practices. This will show you some really great info and expose you to a way of thinking that is important. And it will provide you with further links that link to more solid info. 

You should also roam through the community here and read up on the help threads (like yours) and see what is what. There is some truly great learning right here. And certainly review all of the Expert Articles that Top Contributors write. 

Also, roam around YouTube and search for content by Google AdWords and Google Partners. They both have their own channels and you are safe to absorb the info and know it is credible and concise. There are millions of videos on the subject but they could be completely wrong or several years old. Google AdWords is regularly being updated with new features and techniques so anything you find online that is more than 12 months old should really be omitted. 

While you are using all of these resources to learn, go ahead and visit Google Partners, which is where you can study and take tests to become certified. It is completely free and you will have access to direct study material. Please note that is looks as if the site is geared towards advertising agencies, which it is, but it is also geared towards you, individuals, when studying or testing for AdWords and/or Analytics. 

If you have any other questions, please just let us know.

Kind Regards,

James

Adword Classes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

James you are such a nice guy. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond with such length. I will definitely check out all the links you sent me and that will be a great start. Thanks again for the generous response and you really helped me out.

Sincerely,

Dave

Adword Classes

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @David P,

You are very welcome and I appreciate your kind words. 

AdWords is a great platform to explore and I do want your journey to be fun, engaging and worth your valuable time. Me providing the resources is the least I could do to assist. 

Please let us know if you end up with questions and in need of further assistance. 

All the Best,

James