AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Advise on Remarketing list targeting different markets. What to do?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I a need a little help with regards to remarketing list...If i am targetting different countries should i create different remarketing list for each country? and what about remarketing tags?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dreamzworld
September 2015

Re: Advise on Remarketing list targeting different markets. What to do

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello.

If you go to your AdWords account, create a remarketing list, and place the code on that website, you can subsequently create three different campaigns, each targeting the same remarketing list but a different country.

Viewers from country A will see ads from Campaign A, and so on.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dreamzworld; welcome;

Let's explain;

• Geo-targeting is set at the campaign level;
  • The remarketing code / tag is part of the site code. Every user visited the site (based on the list created) is "tagged" (gets a cookie save on his/ her machine), and your ads are shown to him/ her when visiting other sites on the internet;
  • So, if your campaign is targeting a certain country, users clicking on your ad, from this country will be "tagged", and added to the list.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks alot for quick Response.

Its clear to some extend. I want to take it little further. For example - I have 3 campaigns, Each campaign is targeting different country. So should i create 3 different remarketing list ???. Note that i have already integrated the Remarketing tag on the page.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello.

Country targeting and remarketing targeting are two different options, and they can be intersected.

What's your setup? Same website for all countries, country specific website? And do you add everybody, from all of the three countries, to the same list?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Its same website for all the countries not country specific...I want to create seperate remarketing list for each country with one remarketing tag? Is that possible?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dreamzworld
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello.

If you go to your AdWords account, create a remarketing list, and place the code on that website, you can subsequently create three different campaigns, each targeting the same remarketing list but a different country.

Viewers from country A will see ads from Campaign A, and so on.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If i am running 3 different campaigns, can i create 3 different remarketing list having only one tag integrated on the site?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Depends on the differentiation criteria. There has to be one, right?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

True.

Ok. I have a scenario, Say I have integrated one remarketing tag on home page and 2nd remarketing tag for thank you page for those who converted. then i create a custom combinaton A Minus B so my ads will only show to people who have not converted.Now this is remarketing tags.

Moving  Ahead, I have 3 campaign with 3 different countries, Campaign 1 - Country A, Campaign 2 - Country B and Campaign 3 - Country C....I was thinking to create 3 seperate remarketing list for each country. so in future if i want to retarget that particular country. It gets easier for me. am i making sense? 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

If this is the setup, and campaign A only targets country A and the remarketing list (the combination), then you do not need two different lists.

Campaign A will only show to people on you remarketing list browsing from country A, campaign B to people from country B and so on.

If you want to segment your list by country, before adding people to it, and then target for instance all countries in each campaign and rely on the remarketing list to only add people from a certain country to it, then it is a bit more complicated.

You need to go to your analytics account and create the lists there, and filter by country in analytics, and create one list per country, then export them to adwords and target them.

Here's how it works: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/features/remarketing.html

If I were you though I'd set the country in campaign settings and target the same list in each campaign. It seems much more straightforward.