2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Advice needed

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, I am new to this Adwords and wanted to get my hands on with this. We are into the fences business and are not getting much of the business online. I heard Adwords is something which can quick start with our business. Please explain how can I use this and what all is required for Adwords program. Thank you for reading this.
5 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Advice needed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello californiafence,

Welcome to the community and it's good to see you have an interest in AdWords. Just to give you a bit of background in case you aren't aware; AdWords is a pay per click auction based advertising platform which takes place on the Google search engine, Google's partner sites (aol.com being an example) and the display network which consists of any websites containing AdSense (including YouTube). You have total control of when, where and how your ads show meaning that you only ever attract potential customers to your site providing the AdWords account is managed correctly. Another excellent advantage is the fact you only ever pay once one of these potential customers clicks on your ad and is directed to your website, effectively you are only paying for highly relevant traffic.

This video sums up the above information nicely.

In your case I would initially recommend to identify what your marketing goals are and what you want to achieve from advertising your website with AdWords. I would guess that sales are a key aspect along with achieving a return on investment so you would need to start comparing estimated AdWords costs against profit margins for example. It is important you really learn about AdWords before starting your first campaign though as you can get into trouble quickly without knowing how the system works. It is worthwhile reading the AdWords Help Centre and also asking this community any specific questions you may have.

Kind regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi californiafence, wow, that's a big question; it's a bit like saying "I've heard driving a car can be useful - how do I do it?".

I'd recommend two things:

1)  Do nothing without learning more about the program.

2)  Go through the Setup and Basics section of the Help files thoroughly.

I say "do nothing" firstly because we see a large number of people come to this board after they've set up a campaign, spent some money and had poor results.  Adwords can be very effective but it does need to be approached in much the same way as learning to drive, slowly and carefully with guidance and learning.

Have a read through the reference above, then please come back with any specific questions you may have.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Scott and Jon. I will look into this all and let you know...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello californiafence,

In addition to above useful thoughts, while reading given links pen down all your doubts(since you are new to adwords, doubts will arise) & can ask here in community. You will get all good support from here. 

Thanks,

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Many of the times I am facing first page bid issue. Why is it so? I keep on increasing the bid and again after sometimes, when I look at them, they demand more money? Is it something that Adwords does it to get more money per click or what?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

If you are continually being told you are below the first page bid estimate then increases are necessary.  The reason may be that you are just bidding too low and the increases are just not enough or that your quality score may be dropping and that could explain the requested increases. 

Do you have the first page bid estimates and top of page bid estimates columns enabled in your user interface?  If not, then visit the KEYWORDS tab and the COLUMNS button then the ATTRIBUTES section and add First page bid and top of page bid estimates to your interface.  While you are in the ATTRIBUTES section also add the QUALITY SCORE column to your interface so you can monitor the quality score.

Let us know what you find after you add those columns.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Kim, let me enable these buttons and see what the scenario is. But as far as the bidding is concerned, I haven't been bidding too low. But yes you are right, there might be quality score issue also. I need to find out.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author californiafence
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni

Let me second Cobnut's advice. Do nothing until you know at least the basics of what you're doing. Smiley Happy

In addition, let me add that while AdWords can produce some amazing results, driving highly qualified potential customers to your website, I would not call it a "quick start" for your business. Building a successful AdWords campaign can take some time--it's a mistake to assume performance and success will come automatically or in the first week.  Reasonable expectations!

You don't precisely have the "total control" ScottyD mentioned, but a well-designed campaign built on solid, measurable goals does give you a significant amount of control over when, where, and how your ads are triggered. 

Feel free to post here in the Community if you have any specific questions as you move forward. Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Great advice Theresa_Zook and in fact all of you. I am fo...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Great advice Theresa_Zook and in fact all of you. I am following them and hopefully getting better day by day Smiley Happy