Adverts with Adwords
Kiftsgate Court Gardens
When a business like ours buys click adverts
1) do they appear at the top of a search, to the right of the screen or at the bottom of the page?
2) Am I right in thinking that each click costs between £1 and £1.20? I understand there's an auction to appear after each search but how much do gardening businesses end up paying on average, can we decide the level of the bids?
3) Does the click take people through to the website?
4)Can we get nationwide coverage or just a 40 mile radius from various points around the world?
5) why do adverts for the 'North London Hospice' and 'East End Charity Garden' appear when I search for "gardens open to the public in gloucerstershire" and a garden in Scotland appear when I search for "gardens open to the public in the cotswolds" (I used incognito during the search and didn't allow location to be known in both cases). The same results were achieved when searching in London and Glos in any case.
6) Based on past examples approximately how many clicks can a small business expect if it opts for an unlimited budget each month?
Thanks in advance fro your assistance,
Adverts with Adwords[ Edited ]
August - last edited August
Hi @rob c,
1. At the top or the bottom, depending on the auction.
2. That's the wrong assumption. Use the Keyword Planner under the Tools tab for estimates.
3. Chances are they geo-target the entire UK and their keyword targeting is set to broad match.
3. Positive, that's the typical arrangement.
4. Geo-target is up to you. You may want to target almost anything, from zip codes to continents.
5. A lot. However, a lot depends on the industry, the campaign set up and your expertise. (I got well in excess of 300k clicks during some months in 2014 when our performance peaked.)