5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adverts popping up on my site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds silly but I have suddenly got adverts popping up on my site. I just don't know what I entered to get this 'option' going. I was working through adwords looking for ways to improve my site performance.  These adds are inappropriate. One is a dating site and the other is to join a university in England. I am in SA. and have a printing business. I just need to know where I went in and joined this so as I can switch it off. I am sure its going to make me lose business. Please help. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adverts popping up on my site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Terrybull;

It seems that it has nothing to do with AdWords. You probably were infected by a virus or other malicious malware.

Run an updated version of a  PC security / anti-virus software

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Terrybull,

Your website / server seems to be infected. Seek for support from you web-hosting company and ask them to do a anti-virus scanning on your account. Also, it's a good idea to search on the server for files that were modified recently and check their source code for suspicious code.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Thank you very much for answering my query. I have MS Essentials on my W7 system and have run the full scan.  I have now downloaded Malware bytes anti malware, it found one infection and removed it. I have also downloaded Spybot search and destroy. It found about 8 infections and removed them. Essentials has found the off infection and removed it in the past. I have also got prevx Safe on line which my bank suggested I load, FNB. However I still have pop ups. I could post a jpeg screen saver if thats OK, Not sure how to do that if you could advise. I now notice new links 'purple underlines' now appear at random on my site. I have checked my source code and its definately not there. I complied my own web  www.printplus.co.za. On the first page it came out on Cape and word. I deleted these 2 words in the index. So there were no pops ups there but there were on other pages. I have just lookek again and the word affordable now has this link and popup. (First 3 lines stating with printplus) on the index page if you would have the time to look.  A week or so ago I did 'mess' about with adwords trying to improve and seemed to remember a facility where you could earn back from your site. I would normally be scepticle obut tis but I mave have clicked in Adwords, on somthing to start this off. Hence the query in the first letter.  Thank you so much for any time you spend on my problem. (which is really wooring me as it should be a good site where potential clients contact me. And have had quite a few responces and coming up on googe quite often from 4th to 8th place.  regards

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I will do so tomorrow, Monday. And reply Thank you. Please see my reply to the first answer to my query by MihaiCD. Thanks Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Reply a little later.

I see the letter / reply I wrote to you earlier has now got 2 links in it doing exactly the same thing  Terry

Re: Adverts popping up on my site Solved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems its the browser apps. I have removed all in Crome and Firefox and no more links are popping up

Thanks you very much Terry