AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising on Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I would like to advertise on also Google Maps ( and get  a blue pin) , and I don't want to advertise on the rest of the Search Partner sites, the only other way is to start an additional AdWords Express campaign ?

And would the new Maps also have room for advertisments ( and blue pins) ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advertising on Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
"Maps" is part of the Search partners , Either you are in for all search partners or you are out; There is no "managed placements"  (similar to the one  on Display) for search partners (well...for now...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that's what I am aware of, and that's why I asked the question(s)
So the first answer is Yes

The second one: Will the new Maps also have room for advertisements and blue Pins ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;
"Blue pins" are already there (if I recall) since 2011: Business that its ad is shown next to  "maps search results" (either on  the "classic"  SERP or on "maps search page" ) - the business location is marked (on the map)  with  a "blue pin";

Check also this recent discussion on the topic;
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Blue-Pin-on-Google-Maps/td-p/20...

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’