2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising on Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I would like to advertise on also Google Maps ( and get  a blue pin) , and I don't want to advertise on the rest of the Search Partner sites, the only other way is to start an additional AdWords Express campaign ?

And would the new Maps also have room for advertisments ( and blue pins) ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advertising on Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
"Maps" is part of the Search partners , Either you are in for all search partners or you are out; There is no "managed placements"  (similar to the one  on Display) for search partners (well...for now...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that's what I am aware of, and that's why I asked the question(s)
So the first answer is Yes

The second one: Will the new Maps also have room for advertisements and blue Pins ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;
"Blue pins" are already there (if I recall) since 2011: Business that its ad is shown next to  "maps search results" (either on  the "classic"  SERP or on "maps search page" ) - the business location is marked (on the map)  with  a "blue pin";

Check also this recent discussion on the topic;
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Blue-Pin-on-Google-Maps/td-p/20...

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’