2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising a new product with no competition using AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been using AdWords for about two years.  I've little success but I've paid through the teeth for the service.  Because my flagship product is unknown to the community for which I advertise, I must use related keywords in order to have the traffic go to my website.  Lots of suppossed clicks, but no hits.  Very frustrating for quite some time to say the least.  My flagship product, that can bee seen at www.SportsBackstops.com, is seasonal and I currently have paused the campaign.  Not sure at this point in time that I should even use Google for this type of advertising, but budget doesn't allow me to do much more other than eBay.  If you go to my website, please provide your opinion as to why I am having this issue.  Constructive critism is always appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Advertising a new product with no competition using AdWords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

For unknown (and unsought) products you should consider the Google Display Network  and use well explaining pictures to promote your product. This way people searching  and surfing in your "area of intrest" will have a chance to "stumble upon" your product. One step up would be using YouTube to promote to the unware.  And don't forget to use Press Release websites to tell the Whole Wide World about your innovation.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Sportsbackstops,

Two years is long period of time thus you have good data to improve your campaign. Some of the area where you need to look into are:

• Ad Groups: Please check how your ad groups performed. Are you using the high themed ad groups, for example you should have different ad groups for swimming pool basketball goals and Mini Basketball. Check the quality score of keywords and how relevant is your ad text and landing page for each ad group.
  • Check the Search Term Report- Check which keywords had given you conversions, add those keywords which give you conversions and viceversa.
  • Review the Keywords: In same way review your all keywords, which keywords get only clicks and not give conversions, hows broad, phrase and exact match keywords perform for campaign. Chek are you using too much generic keywords which are getting only clicks but no conversions.
  • Google Networks: Check how's your campaign perform in search and display network, please check in display network which sites work well for campaign and vice versa
  • Ad Texts-  Review your ad texts, which ad text worked well. Had you done enough testing with text ads, how much ad text you used for ad groups, have they good call to actions, check all these things. 
  • Landing Page: Had you done A/B testing with your landing page, If I see your home page it need lots of improvement, write good quality of content, don't write all words in capital letters, use testimonials etc.
  • Google Analytics: Check how visitors behave after visiting your website, how much time they spend on landing page, check the bounce rate of website and set Goal and funnels for your website and check from which pages people left the website 
  • Dimension Tab: Check the which regions give you more conversions and viceversa.

Last but not the least, Keep Testing, more you will test more you improve your campaign thus better will be results.

Kindly read the some helpful links for better understanding:

How do I see which search term triggered my ads

How to link Google analytics with adowrds account

How can I see ad performance by geographic location?

Tips for Success

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

For unknown (and unsought) products you should consider the Google Display Network  and use well explaining pictures to promote your product. This way people searching  and surfing in your "area of intrest" will have a chance to "stumble upon" your product. One step up would be using YouTube to promote to the unware.  And don't forget to use Press Release websites to tell the Whole Wide World about your innovation.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Sportsbackstops,

Two years is long period of time thus you have good data to improve your campaign. Some of the area where you need to look into are:

• Ad Groups: Please check how your ad groups performed. Are you using the high themed ad groups, for example you should have different ad groups for swimming pool basketball goals and Mini Basketball. Check the quality score of keywords and how relevant is your ad text and landing page for each ad group.
  • Check the Search Term Report- Check which keywords had given you conversions, add those keywords which give you conversions and viceversa.
  • Review the Keywords: In same way review your all keywords, which keywords get only clicks and not give conversions, hows broad, phrase and exact match keywords perform for campaign. Chek are you using too much generic keywords which are getting only clicks but no conversions.
  • Google Networks: Check how's your campaign perform in search and display network, please check in display network which sites work well for campaign and vice versa
  • Ad Texts-  Review your ad texts, which ad text worked well. Had you done enough testing with text ads, how much ad text you used for ad groups, have they good call to actions, check all these things. 
  • Landing Page: Had you done A/B testing with your landing page, If I see your home page it need lots of improvement, write good quality of content, don't write all words in capital letters, use testimonials etc.
  • Google Analytics: Check how visitors behave after visiting your website, how much time they spend on landing page, check the bounce rate of website and set Goal and funnels for your website and check from which pages people left the website 
  • Dimension Tab: Check the which regions give you more conversions and viceversa.

Last but not the least, Keep Testing, more you will test more you improve your campaign thus better will be results.

Kindly read the some helpful links for better understanding:

How do I see which search term triggered my ads

How to link Google analytics with adowrds account

How can I see ad performance by geographic location?

Tips for Success

Dinesh
My Blog