Guide Me
star_border

Advert running, not showing as expected

A S
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
A S
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I can't see a live advert even when shown in preview tool. I know there may be reasons for this. But on a different search the Preview says keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank. But there are no live adverts returned at all on that page. So why is mine being rejected?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advert running, not showing as expected

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

As mentioned by you that Ad preview and diagnosis tool is showing the status: keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank.

What can you do?

You need to improve the Ad rank.

Additionally, I would recommend you to add a valuable metrics: Search Lost IS (rank) to check the impressions lost due to low ad rank.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Also, keep in mind that on rare occasions Google will choose not to show any ads. It happened to a client last year selling football merchandise during the finals. No matter how much we bid, Google preferred to show news items instead of ads.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi 

sometimes google doesnt show ads upon their discretion.

regards,

Zaby

A S
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
A S
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If I was paying for Adwords I'd quit! Ads don't appear where I'd expect/want them to, but $ are burning off somewhere else!

I now have an improvement recipe to implement from Google so I will see if that helps.

Feels like there is a market for an app that would provide a better basic "create & monitor" interface than the current standard AdWords approach!