AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Advantages of being a web developer when working with AdWords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is there any advantage of knowing HTML5, CSS and web development when working with AdWords?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advantages of being a web developer when working with AdWords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Luan,

Yes there is always an advantages of being a web developer or having knowledge of html and css in online marketing. In Adwords you often have to install conversion or remarketing codes on your website being a developer you one can do it him self. Its also easy for a developer to work with Adwords API or Scripts then a non-technical marketer.

So defiantly there is always advantage of having development knowledge when you are heading towards online marketing.

Cheers,
Nouman

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I think that it also helps with ideas for landing page design. There are a lot of times when I need the help of a developer. Merchant feeds, landing pages, tracking codes, tag manager. All of these are areas where you will do better with some coding background.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
It's not required by any means but it's definitely beneficial to know at least a little code. As Shanee and Nouman mentioned, it's helpful for scripts, the API, feeds and tracking. I wholeheartedly agree with all of their feedback.

To expand upon the tracking piece - It's especially beneficial with complex Google Analytics tracking for ecommerce or when iframes and multiple domains are in place. Even knowing how to deploy event tracking goes a long way.

Our work is reliant upon site functionality and tracking, so any skills that can help set-up, monitor and troubleshoot are very helpful.