AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Advantages of being a web developer when working with AdWords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is there any advantage of knowing HTML5, CSS and web development when working with AdWords?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advantages of being a web developer when working with AdWords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Luan,

Yes there is always an advantages of being a web developer or having knowledge of html and css in online marketing. In Adwords you often have to install conversion or remarketing codes on your website being a developer you one can do it him self. Its also easy for a developer to work with Adwords API or Scripts then a non-technical marketer.

So defiantly there is always advantage of having development knowledge when you are heading towards online marketing.

Cheers,
Nouman

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I think that it also helps with ideas for landing page design. There are a lot of times when I need the help of a developer. Merchant feeds, landing pages, tracking codes, tag manager. All of these are areas where you will do better with some coding background.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
It's not required by any means but it's definitely beneficial to know at least a little code. As Shanee and Nouman mentioned, it's helpful for scripts, the API, feeds and tracking. I wholeheartedly agree with all of their feedback.

To expand upon the tracking piece - It's especially beneficial with complex Google Analytics tracking for ecommerce or when iframes and multiple domains are in place. Even knowing how to deploy event tracking goes a long way.

Our work is reliant upon site functionality and tracking, so any skills that can help set-up, monitor and troubleshoot are very helpful.