Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Advanced location options.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am running a adwords campaign for my house clearance business.

I want to target all of the UK for customers (Relatives, Landlords etc) looking for my service in my local area. What would be the best advanced location options for me. Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advanced location options.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Chad,

Thank you for your posting. Regarding your question, I would suggest using Location Extensions to target your UK Customers. 

What it does

• Desktop ads: Location extensions merge your business address and phone number with your ad text.
  • Mobile ads: Location extensions will include a link to directions to your business, and may also show how far your customer is from your business location.
  • Clicks on ads with location extensions will be charged the same cost-per-click (CPC) each time a customer clicks any link in your ad.

You can learn more about how to use locations extensions here. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3344690?rd=1

You can also use target locations to set specific geographic locations where you want your ads to run. You can learn more about this feature on this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043

I hope this information answers your Adwords questions!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chad B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

HI Chad,

In addition to receiving the great point by JP.

What would be the best advanced location options for me.

You can choose the second option "People in my targeted location" instead of using by default option "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location (recommended)".

Here you can find the more info about this:-Link

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Useful info.

Thanks JP

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Either I've misunderstood the question or I've misunderstood the answer....

As I read the question you want to target people all over the UK - let's say London and Manchester - who might be interested in using your service in Birmingham... is this right?

If it is, then location targeting, especially using the "People in my targeted location" will not do this - as it will only target your ads to people in the Birmingham area - and not the others.

you have a much trickier job if my interpretation of your question is correct and you will need to think about using your location as a modifier in the keywords... for example : house clearance +birmingham

At the very least I'd look to use the option for people in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location.....

But I could be confused - wouldn't be the first time (today!)