AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Advanced location options & domain level triggers

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Our boarding school campaign wants to trigger ads in both the UK and in other countries where users are looking for a UK boarding school. Using the targeted location as the UK, and the default advanced location targeting method (people in, searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location), am I right in thinking that our ads would only be triggered in other countries if users were searching using Google's .co.uk domain? Is it common for people to switch the country level domain of Google that they use to search with? Thanks for any help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: Advanced location options & domain level triggers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

"am I right in thinking that our ads would only be triggered in other countries if users were searching using Google's .co.uk domain?"

If a users from other country searching the keywords on Google.co.uk, will see your ads every time.

Let's say i am from India and search " Google.co.uk" , will see your ads, even your ads is not targeted in India.

"Is it common for people to switch the country level domain of Google that they use to search with?"

We don't have the exact fact figure that how many users switch the country level domain of Google.

However,if your campaigns are targeted in UK and advance location setting by default, if the users searches "UK boarding school" from other country on "google.co.in/google.com" your ads will appear.

You can also find the Geographic Report and Users Report under the dimension tab.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

"am I right in thinking that our ads would only be triggered in other countries if users were searching using Google's .co.uk domain?"

If a users from other country searching the keywords on Google.co.uk, will see your ads every time.

Let's say i am from India and search " Google.co.uk" , will see your ads, even your ads is not targeted in India.

"Is it common for people to switch the country level domain of Google that they use to search with?"

We don't have the exact fact figure that how many users switch the country level domain of Google.

However,if your campaigns are targeted in UK and advance location setting by default, if the users searches "UK boarding school" from other country on "google.co.in/google.com" your ads will appear.

You can also find the Geographic Report and Users Report under the dimension tab.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
Thanks Rakesh; so even if the user is on google.co.in or google.fr etc, if they searched for "UK Boarding School" our ads will be triggered? If so, that's a big relief. The way I was reading it, they needed to switch to using Google.co.uk, even in another country, for it to work!