4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adult and Non-Familiy safe right conditions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am running ads for a plastic surgeon which does breast augmentation and breast reconstruction for folks who have undergone a mastectomy. Unfortunately, this all gets jumbled into "non-family safe".

But, Google guidance says ads will be shown "under the right conditions."

Can someone tell me what those right conditions are?

My client is curious.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hard to say without  looking at the website and the ads, but this seems to be a restricted content, and Google was correct when classifying the ads ads as "non family safe"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Here's the official help doc:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6023699

The short answer seems to be - Text ads for Google search, as long as the SafeSearch feature is not enabled.

Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Adwords says a business can apply with Google for a license to run medical terms without limits.

Can a board certified plastic surgeon apply? From my understanding, the license is exclusively for pharmacies and non-profits?

I just want to make sure as Google's policies can be written ambiguously. And I have gotten even more uneven guidance from their phone support staff.

Thanks!!! 

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

It's not a medical terms/KW's issue, it's a website content issue - The non family safe images and content on site. 

Tom

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Tom is right.  It would be the before/after pics on the landing pages.  We had to "bury" them a couple of links deep to get the campaigns to run normally.  I would send an email to support and work directly with support until the issue is addressed.  You should be able to get it resolved.