AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adsense monetized site. What traffic sources can i not use?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a site with Adsense as a primary monetization method.  I took it off for awhile and used CPA but I hate it. Adsense I like.  Anyway, I have never used any paid traffic on it (basically the site is a failure)

I am told that because of arbitrage abuse I am not allowed to buy PPC traffic from Adwords if I keep the Adsense advertising on the site and I do not want to stop using it.

Can I buy it from Bing? Yahoo?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adsense monetized site. What traffic sources can i not use?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Bing Ads has very similar policies to AdWords, including not allowing:

"Pages that consist entirely of advertising, or whose main purpose is to direct site visitors to advertising."

Consider making good websites that people would want to visit first, and make profitability a secondary concern. That is generally the key to success. Shortcuts to Internet wealth mostly don't work, and those that do don't last.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
First, thanks for answering.

Is there a review process, because mine is not a made for adsense site like on Warrior Forum.
If you Google the words "raging alcoholic" (with or without quotes) my site comes up 1st (I am not sure if they like link dropping here or not) It is about 140 pages, its real (or I think it is). Is there a way to have someone make a determination on its quality.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Luca,

AdWords is meant for businesses that provide a product or service. Without either of these, the presumption is that your site primarily makes an income from ads.

Google (and presumably Bing) use humans to make determinations like these, and it comes down to the policy interpretation of the human who looks at your site. Without a product or service, I would expect most of the time your site will not pass.

Solution: have a product or service! You'll probably earn more than just ads anyway... Sell fish supplements, write an ebook, sell t-shirts. be a consultant...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You can drive paid traffic to your AdSense page along as the goal in NOT to gain from  arbitrage, and the page has added value content to users.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’