Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm new to Google Adwords, appreciate your help for the below query.

I have a campaign "Restaurants" and one of the Ad Group is "Chinese restaurant" with 3 keywords. There are 4 Ads for this Ad Group. 

I would like to know how google is selecting the Ad if a keyword is searched by a user (Out if my 4 Ads which Ad will be showed)?

Thanks,

Mohammed Shafeeque

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mohammed Shafeeq C,

The ad will be served - best match - based on the search query, keyword, ad, landing page, quality score, bid and some other metrics... unless you have ads set to rotate evenly

I would suggest adding a 2-3 more keywords (with a max of 15 keywords per ad group). 

Kind Regards,

James

Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Mohammed, 

Adwords will choose the best performing ads.

regards, 

zaby

Ads

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hello Mohammed,

Like any Good company Google Adwords wants to make money. So google will choose the best ad that they feel is going to get you (them Smiley Happy )  a click. To do this google looks at everything in the adgroup in an instant to determine what is best for that user. 

So as J Clemens said,  

"The ad will be served - best match - based on the search query, keyword, ad, landing page, quality                                                                                                                 score, bid and some other metrics.. unless you have ads set to rotate evenly." 

Keep an eye on the CTR, if you see an ad performing well and you would like to increase some of your other ads, remove the poorly performing ads or change them to Resemble the ad that is performing. Not exactly but look to see what is working on the performing ad and try to incorporate it into the less performing ads. 

Also, make sure you have all the extensions you can to accompany your ads. Better increasing your Quality Score will increase the likelihood of the ad that Google chooses.

Hope that helps 

Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok thanks....