5.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads with Photos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want my ads to appear on the sidebard for search WITH a photo.  Our product is very visual.  I can't figure out how to do this.  Anyone know?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Display Network

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi INBmegan,

Along the side of search results on google.com and search partners are text ads only.  If you want to use image ads (which is what I think you are referring to), you'll need to set up a separate campaign on the Google Display Network.  There are varying ad formats and styles allowed on the GDN that are not allowed to be used in Search campaigns.

Here are some other very useful threads that you may find interesting.

Difference between search network and display network

Best Practice: Google Display Network and contextual targeting

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Edit: Or I read your post and misinterpreted the entire thing.  My apologies for the GDN explanation.

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Hi INBmegan,   Product ads are produced form Google Merch...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi INBmegan,

Product ads are produced form Google Merchant Center. You upload a "product feed" to Google's data base. The images come from there.

You can have product listing ads or product extensions. The product listing ads can show your product image and a link to your web site. No keywords are considered when selecting products to displau.

Product extensions will show a certain number of products related to the query along with your ad.

It's not exactly the simplest thing to do, so dive in with a little patience.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Display Network

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi INBmegan,

Along the side of search results on google.com and search partners are text ads only.  If you want to use image ads (which is what I think you are referring to), you'll need to set up a separate campaign on the Google Display Network.  There are varying ad formats and styles allowed on the GDN that are not allowed to be used in Search campaigns.

Here are some other very useful threads that you may find interesting.

Difference between search network and display network

Best Practice: Google Display Network and contextual targeting

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Edit: Or I read your post and misinterpreted the entire thing.  My apologies for the GDN explanation.

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Hi INBmegan,   Product ads are produced form Google Merch...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi INBmegan,

Product ads are produced form Google Merchant Center. You upload a "product feed" to Google's data base. The images come from there.

You can have product listing ads or product extensions. The product listing ads can show your product image and a link to your web site. No keywords are considered when selecting products to displau.

Product extensions will show a certain number of products related to the query along with your ad.

It's not exactly the simplest thing to do, so dive in with a little patience.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

If I google "running shirt", ads appear on the sidebar on...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I google "running shirt", ads appear on the sidebar on the right with little pictures and text.  So while trying to setup ads it appears you can't use pictures for "Search" ads, I see these pictures appearing with the text on the sidebar.  Any idea where they are coming from or how to set them up?

Google Product Ads

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

As you can see, I missed the original point there.  Pete nailed it, take a look here.

-Tom

thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was just stumbling onto that realization myself, product listing ads are what I'm looking for.  Knowing the name helps quite a bit!  Thanks for taking the time to try and help!