AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads shown in different location, where i am not targeted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ads shown in different location, where i am not targeted.

I am selected regional locations like towns, cities. but i am ad even showing in different countries.

How it is possible

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads shown in different location, where i am not targeted?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dhivakar,

If you are using the default “Reach people in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location”, option under Advanced Location Settings, your ad will be visible to people who are likely to be physically located in your targeted location, as well as people who have shown interest in your targeted location (who may be out side your target location).

Find more information about AdWords Advanced location options here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

If you want to limit your ads within the target location, please chose "People in your targeted location" under advance location options.

Re: Ads shown in different location, where i am not targeted?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dhivakar,

Deepak makes a very good point. Your campaign is likely set to the less stringent targeting of individuals that may be searching for information about a location, so that creates the issue. As Deepak suggested, you may want to switch to target people who are only in your specific location you want to target.

Or, if you don't want to go too strictly, you might want to create a few excuded locations. For example, leave your targeting as “Reach people in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location” and then set up excluded locations for towns / countries that you definitely don't want traffic from.

Your choice would depend on the type of business you are marketing. If you're marketing a restaurant in a specific town, then the more stringent location targeting of people "in" your location only would make more sense. But if you're selling a digital product that could potentially be purchased by residents of your target country who may be on vacation somewhere else, then you might want to create a combination of targeted and excluded locations instead, to give your bidding more leeway.

Hope this helps.