AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing

mnm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
mnm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For days now, the Ad prewiew and diagnosis says my add is running. It is saying the add is in position 3. In the preview I see it in pos 2. But when I do an actual search, I'm not seeing the add or occasssionally in pos 8. And I am only getting a few clicks a day, budget barely spent. In the preview there are no picture ads. In an real search the top of page is full of picture ads and my ad not showing. Any ideas what is going on here?

Also for the first few days my QS was 10 now it has dropped to 5.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not showing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
At first, what you see is not always what everyone else sees.

It is usually a best practice - according to google and conventional wisdom - to trust the preview tool.

The QS drops occassionally because of many different reasons discussed in the help center.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Had a quick question on your post:

"In the preview there are no picture ads. In an real search the top of page is full of picture ads and my ad not showing. Any ideas what is going on here?"

Picture ads? do you mean image ads? Google search does not support image ads. Can you elaborate a bit more on this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

As said, running "real search" on your machine shows biased results. So do not rely on it. Use the preview tool that simulates a "random user.

The main reason for the QS group is a low CTR; Do you have a low CTR? Has it changed recently?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

mnm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
mnm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pictures or images. Yes. I think it might be ads from google merchant centre. Definately paid ads on the top of the page with biege background. Search for advent calendar to see what I mean. 5 images across the top.

mnm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
mnm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes the first couple of days the CTR was 7.4%, then dropped to about 2%. Seems to have co-incided with a reduction in campain budget. I also fiddled around a lot with the bid. I guess the higher the bid, the higher the placement, higher placement leads to higher CTR and then better QS, then the cost will come down?? Is that how it works?? You sort of buy the high QS then CPC comes down?

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi mnm, 

Just to clarify, a good bid is important, but you can't buy Quality Score per se. There are lots of component parts with quality score like CTR, landing page quality, and the relevance of your keywords etc. 

If you have a higher Quality Score, this can help bring down your CPC, but do remember because the Ad Auction is dynamic the price you will pay is different for every single ad auction, so it is difficult to make sweeping statements.

Hope this makes things a little clearer. Here's a link on QS that might help clarify things. 

A.