AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing because of negative keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there Smiley Happy  I am having an issue with my keywords hydraulic tools not showing because of (tools) being a negative keyword.  I have gone through all of my negative keywords and tools is not one of them so I am extremely confused.  Could anyone help me with this,  thanksSmiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Ads not showing because of negative keyword

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Amanda

Please check this negative on levels like ad group level, campaign level, and account level(if you have added a list in shared library for some campaigns). May be some broad match negative is preventing your ad from showing up. If you still can't find the solution to it, then do give this a try - make a note of all negative keywords in excel and delete them from the account for a while and ad preview tool again. If the problem is resolved them check the keywords properly and add them again, if not then contacting Google Support will be the best option i think.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Amanda

if you can find any negative keywords like that how you know your ads not showing because of "tools" being a negative keyword?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Amanda

Please check this negative on levels like ad group level, campaign level, and account level(if you have added a list in shared library for some campaigns). May be some broad match negative is preventing your ad from showing up. If you still can't find the solution to it, then do give this a try - make a note of all negative keywords in excel and delete them from the account for a while and ad preview tool again. If the problem is resolved them check the keywords properly and add them again, if not then contacting Google Support will be the best option i think.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek