Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not running, though payment was made

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My ads stopped because payment was needed. I just made a payment, but the ads are still not running.

How to I get them turned on again?

Thanks,

Adelma

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not running, though payment was made

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Hover with your mouse over the " info bubble" next to the ad. What message are you getting? . (It should tell you the reason)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi there, 

How soon the ads come back online often depends on the type of payment that was used. 

The quickest way of paying for the account is to pay using a credit card (this usually takes between 24-48 hours), the next quickest is Dirct Debit (which can take 3-5 days), while bank transfers can take between 5 and 10 working days. 

Moshe raises an interesting point though, it might not be just that a payment is going through, there may be an issue with your ads or your keywords for example. I would try out the Ad Preview Tool to check whether your ad is eligible to run. 

Hope that helps!

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I had the same issue. It is likely to be simply a case of waiting for payment to be processed. Although it shows the payment transaction completed, it often takes at least several hours (more if out of business hours) to kick start everything again.