6.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not running - flagged for capitalization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's my ad under universal app campaign to promote my game app on Google Play, called SheepShifter  -- 

Fun puzzle strategy game.

Hours of challenging fun.
Forty exciting levels.
More than one way to win.

They were flagged for capitalization policy violation so many times i finally removed all capitals to this -- 

fun puzzle strategy game.

hours of challenging fun.
forty exciting levels.
more than one way to win.

They were again flagged for capitalization. I removed the period at the end. Again flagged for capitalization. Good heavens! Can someone help?!?!?!?!?!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not running - flagged for capitalization

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Larry,

Try tittle case capitalization, if you have more ads than try editor for that quick and easy.

If again you are finding same issue than you need to contact CS for help.

Good Luck!!

Ana

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ana. I've contacted customer service at least six times. When I do hear back I get the same answer that my ads are fine. Then they get flagged for capitalization again. I can try the title case cap though. Because nothing else is working! Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Larry N
November 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
than i think there is an issue you can contact to any community manager then if again your problem will not resolved after trying tittle case..

Ana

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The only other thing I can think is that my apps were named Sheep Shifter FREE and Sheep Shifter PREMIUM to designate the free ad-supported version vs the $0.99 ad-less version. I changed the app titles to upper-lower case. If that doesn't work, I'm ready to do a rain dance or sacrifice a zucchini (no animal cruelty you see) to get the dang thing to work. LOL? None of the "support" people mention this an issue but I'm desperate. So thanks again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
UPDATE: They were just flagged AGAIN for capitalization. Will try title case.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
LOL for rain dance or sacrifice a zucchini... but i think the tittle case will work for this...

Hope for the best...

Ana

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You can't use all upper case in ANY words. Even if you're trying to differentiate. It's documented very clearly in the formatting guidelines.

As Ana said, title case will solve this assuming you've got no other issues with the ad or landing page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave & Ana - so far so good.

The questions are: why was I allowed to name my app with all caps word if that's against policy of Google Play? And further, why did no one from the several times I contacted Google Adwords help alert me to the idea such a name would interfere with Google Adwords Universal App Ads?

Why did the title case solution have to come from the forum and not official support? Why did the solution for renaming my app come from desperately cleansing all caps? And note I use "solution" loosely because it hasn't been flagged yet, but it also hasn't started serving ads yet, but I'm ever the foolish optimist.

Time will tell but for now, all seems on track -- if this doesn't work I have no option but to demand a refund, since support didn't help, the forum didn't help, etc. For now fingers crossed. Thank you Dave & Ana for helping a stranger out! Smiley Happy

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner
Hey Larry,
Not sure but is the word SheepShifter anywhere in the ad? Google may have an issue with the second S if it is written like that.