Guide Me
star_border

Ads not running and I don't know why

J R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
J R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up an account through the Google Online Marketing Challenge and was credited the $250.

I created two ad campaigns for a total of three ads. After several days, my ads and keyword lists were approved. The keyword traffic estimator says I should be getting at least 2 clicks per day and a bunch of impressions (it's a small campaign).

Even though everything is approved and everything shows green dots, the ads are not running. Additionally, the Ad Preview and Diagnosis confirms they are not running. I cannot figure out why. Please help!

Re: Ads not running and I don't know why

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you run the ad preview/diagnosis, it should give you a brief description of why your ads are not running. You can also hover your mouse over the speech bubble in the status column on the keyword page for whichever keywords are not displaying ads.

If all your ads are complete, approved, and nothing is awry with your billing, my first thought would be to check whether you are actually bidding enough on your keywords to show ads. For some highly competitive terms (ex. "car insurance"), a $1 bid will be to low to win any auctions and thus show ads.

Re: Ads not running and I don't know why

J R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
J R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response.

The Ad Preview and Diagnosis only says, "The keyword phrase you've entered doesn't currently trigger any of your ads."

While a few keywords are reported to be below the first page big, 90% of them say Eligible (green dot).

Interestingly enough, my ad statuses are all "Under review" even though they were previously approved and were created almost 2 weeks ago.

Not sure what to tell my client, never thought Google would be so slow. My ads all follow the rules (content, punctuation, etc.) and are just for a local restaurant - nothing too controversial.