Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not displaying

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I created three campaigns and deleted two old ones with one remaining. The remaining campaign's status bubble shows that no ads are being displayed because:

"...because there may be other ads within your account that are ranked higher and have similar keywords."

as per adwords.

What can I do to get the ad showing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phil A
September 2015

Re: Ads not displaying

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Phil,

The best way to determine this is use the Ad preview Tool at the keyword level, rather then the Diagnostics tool. The diagnostic tool will take a random keyword to check, and if there are conflicts you will get that message.

"Only one Keyword with one Ad will win the AdWords auction for any single user keyword query."

The diagnostic tool measures just a random keyword. This does not necessarily mean that your ad is not running, just the keyword that was selected randomly is not triggering that ad, rather another keyword is.

You should navigate to the keyword level list in your campaign, and then click on the Ad Preview and Display bubble. This will show you the simulation of your Ads live for the keyword choice you made and the target area. By simulation it is a Live Result, but is not costing you a displayed impression.

If there are keyword conflicts, meaning another keyword has a higher "Ad rank", based upon a higher quality score and potentially Bid price. it will notify you of which keywords are in conflict, or show you the ad and the live view position you ad appears based on your account parameters.

So when checking to see if your ads are live always do that from the individual keyword level keywords.

AdWords Preview Tool Help
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phil A
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Phil,

The best way to determine this is use the Ad preview Tool at the keyword level, rather then the Diagnostics tool. The diagnostic tool will take a random keyword to check, and if there are conflicts you will get that message.

"Only one Keyword with one Ad will win the AdWords auction for any single user keyword query."

The diagnostic tool measures just a random keyword. This does not necessarily mean that your ad is not running, just the keyword that was selected randomly is not triggering that ad, rather another keyword is.

You should navigate to the keyword level list in your campaign, and then click on the Ad Preview and Display bubble. This will show you the simulation of your Ads live for the keyword choice you made and the target area. By simulation it is a Live Result, but is not costing you a displayed impression.

If there are keyword conflicts, meaning another keyword has a higher "Ad rank", based upon a higher quality score and potentially Bid price. it will notify you of which keywords are in conflict, or show you the ad and the live view position you ad appears based on your account parameters.

So when checking to see if your ads are live always do that from the individual keyword level keywords.

AdWords Preview Tool Help
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

It seems that for some reason my laptop is not showing clicks per user whilst I can see it on my mobile phone. Is this a cache issue? If so how to fix this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is really strange. The Home page in Adwords is showing 48 clicks however the preview is saying that no ads are being displayed when I type in one of my keywords.