AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not delivered on the chosen placements.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I set up a display campaign with two conditions.
The Ads should appear only on my chosen placements and only when they meet my keywords.
I've started with a small bid - 0,10 each keyword - and the daily budget I set to 1,00.
Later I have increased the bid to 0,20.
(the sum is in Euro and I have 10 keywords)
The problem is whenever I go near each custom placement and click on the notification in the pop up window it says NO (the Ads are not delivered on that placement).
I understand that could be a lot of reasons for this.
What would you do in this situation. Where would you start from to get your Ads delivered ?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex S
October 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Xcavator,

Usually this message really means your CTR for the ads is very low compared to your competition. If you're using text ads, write some new ones. Make sure your ad groups are tightly focused on a theme and write your ad copy to that thems. If you're using image ads, look for your competion's ads. See what they are doing differently from you. Make up some new ads with the cumstomer's point of view in mind. Watch your color schemes, make sure any embedded text is easy to read.

You might also look at all your keywords and pause or delete those that accrue a significant number of clicks but have a very low CTR.

And I agree with @RobSkelton, you need to increase your bids a little too. And then see how it impacts on your ad delivery.

Best of Luck!

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Alex,

The most common reason is that you are not bidding high enough. In Australia I usually bid between $2 and $3, so 1 Euro or so would be a good place to start. Ultimately how much you bid depends on who else is bidding on those particular placements, but also all ads that qualify to be on that site (when keywords, topics etc have been targeted). 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex S
October 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Xcavator,

Usually this message really means your CTR for the ads is very low compared to your competition. If you're using text ads, write some new ones. Make sure your ad groups are tightly focused on a theme and write your ad copy to that thems. If you're using image ads, look for your competion's ads. See what they are doing differently from you. Make up some new ads with the cumstomer's point of view in mind. Watch your color schemes, make sure any embedded text is easy to read.

You might also look at all your keywords and pause or delete those that accrue a significant number of clicks but have a very low CTR.

And I agree with @RobSkelton, you need to increase your bids a little too. And then see how it impacts on your ad delivery.

Best of Luck!

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you RobSkelton and Sayern M

I have raised the bids, cut off to only one (main) keyword and I have started to count the first clicks. Would be a fine start.